grasroots and groundbreaking music/fashion firm looking for internsBookmark This
281 West 119th Street, #5A
New York, NY
Posted: October 08 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a small, home-based line of very unique fashion product for musicians and performance artists. currently we make everything by hand, and need some assistance with basic operations - hand stitching, assembling pieces, cutting materials to shape, etc.
We anticipate a fast and steady development and possibly moving the workstation into a showroom within a few years.
ResponsibilitiesWe would expect our intern to visit us about 2 - 4 times a month and help us with simple tasks: hand stitching, assembling pieces, cutting materials to shape, etc.
between visits, we might have assignments like:
- make 30 of precut pieces
- shop for 3 yards of golden color velcro and a bag of peacock feathers
- create 50 price tags with the design stamped on them,
On our showcase events, we would ask our intern to be present and help with production tasks (take care of the mailing list, take photos, etc)
Requirementsour idea intern should:
- be detail oriented
- be creative
- be patient
- be willing to travel to our location a few times a month
- have some experience with hand-stitching, machine sewing, working with glue gun and soldering iron, wire bending-weaving, arts and crafts projects in general
- be interested in fashion
- have some understanding of materials and technology