Marketing Design InternBrene & Beau
Marketing Intern For StyleKist - #1 App to Discover. Shop. Share. Earn.StyleKist
Sewing Studio Internship - Summer 2017Workroom Social
STYLING INTERNSHIP (KATIE MOSSMAN STUDIO)Maleeka Moss Studio
Visual Merchandising InternFrette
Make up ArtistDaccio
Account Executive InternHead to Toe Style LLC
Merchandising InternshipBookmark This
720 Rusk St.
Posted: August 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMerchandising intern is responsible for developing our unique product assortment and working closely with the co-creator/creative director of BKBT Concept and joint company, Sock Season. The Intern will help in developing the brand, selecting products, samples and fabrics by working directly with product merchandisers. Through these selections, you will assist in inspiring and engaging our customers through assorted selections, product pricings, presentations, and promotion. This role is used as a foundation to build on employees' fundamental knowledge of retail buying, allowing entry level merchandising candidates an opportunity to begin their retail buying career!
WHY BKBT Concept:
Learn what it takes to run a high-end ecommerce website, providing assistance to a creative director. BKBT Concept is a high-energy ecommerce. We're looking for a kick ass Merchandising intern to work with the co-creator/Creative Director. Their ego is checked and attitude is more positive than an inspirational cat poster. Someone who leads by example, and thrives off the energy of getting his or her hands dirty.
*BKBT Concept is a Unisex concept store creating a one of a kind, eCommerce-retail experience. Our products are not limited by gender labels and we are creating a collection for the masses. Most importantly, we have fun.
Responsibilities· Working with Creative Director to select fabrics and samples, order inventory, track inventory
· You will be the direct line communication with Merchandisers and actively work as the middle-man/woman between merchandisers and BKBT.
· Help creative director overlook shop's branding, product selections, and product life-cycles.
· Delivering high-level work for a range of projects, audiences, and clients.
· Adept at creative strategy and concepting for global eCommerce
Track vendor shipments of samples and inventory to ensure timely delivery.
Perform other duties and projects as assigned. Create orders and assist in fulfillment of orders
· Creativity in problem solving, showing organization and innovation Enter purchase order information (pricing/delivery terms) and creating of BKBT and Sock Season item numbers using established systems.
Assisting new team members in acclimating to the BKBT buying process.
Gain an understanding of the merchandising process, sample selections, and product lifecycle.
RequirementsRequired - Creativity Skills, Merchandise ordering, product and fashion experience, Editorial
* Understanding of the merchandising process and product lifecycle, keeping products updated and organized.
* Intermediate level knowledge of MS Office.
* Ability to spot trends and translate them into product suggestions desired by our target customer.
* Highly organized and detail oriented.
Nice to Haves:
Bachelors / Associates degree in Retail Merchandising, Business, Fashion industry, or Art is preferred
Experience working for a retailer or in complex environments.
Experience working in a global buying environment, building both digital and non-digital assortments.