NYFW Fall 2017 InternshipBookmark This
Nian Fish, LLC
17 W 9th Street, Ground Floor
New York, NY
Posted: November 14 2016
Application Deadline: January 13, 2017
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 02/03/17 — 02/17/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Nian Fish, LLC, one of the leading fashion production companies based in New York City, is seeking for hardworking, passionate team players to support the firm’s consulting and production work on behalf of some of the top fashion brands and design houses in the industry. The fashion production interns will have significant opportunity to learn and gain exposure with high profile fashion designers and other creatives while providing integral assistance with production for New York Fashion Week Fall 2017. Our clients for upcoming F/W 17 season include Tommy Hilfiger, Victoria Beckham, Tory Burch, Self-Portrait, and Thom Browne.
The team of fashion production interns will be working out of client-sites and report directly to the on-site supervisors with the opportunity to also work alongside the company’s president, Nian Fish. This is an unpaid internship with a daily stipend provided.
Interested candidates should submit an email to Internship(at)nianfish(dot)com with resume and cover letter. Please put NYFW F17 INTERNSHIP – YOUR NAME in the subject line. No phone calls or walk-ins, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates who fail to follow instructions will not be considered.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Assist with fashion production/ collection management process during the New York Fashion Week Fall 2017 shows
• Prepare supplies and materials for designers, stylists and other production members
• Assist with dressing the models and organizing looks
• Run necessary errands to provide support to all fashion team members
• Print, label, and organize digital images to support the collection team
• Assist with various tasks on the Day of Show in the backstage for assigned client
RequirementsDesired Skills & Requirements:
• An interest in fashion is a must, as well as a desire to learn more about the production industry
• A “yes person” who is an all-around team player and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Comfortable in front of high-power individuals and can present him/herself in a professional manner
• Driven, organized, detail-oriented, collaborative with a strong initiative, and desire to learn in a creative, fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with New York City a plus
• Knowledge of fashion industry a plus
Ideal candidates should be available full-time (2/3 – 2/16) during the period of New York Fashion Week. Below are the time commitment required for each project: candidates should clearly indicate their availability and which project they are available for. If the candidate is available for all projects, please indicate that in the body of the email.
• Project #1: February 3rd – February 9th
• Project #2: February 4th – February 15th
• Project #3: February 5th – February 13th
• Project #4: February 6th – February 14th