Buying Intern Fall 2017Carolina Herrera
Visual Merchandising Intern Fall 2017Carolina Herrera
Sales Intern Fall 2017Carolina Herrera
Design Intern Fall 2017Carolina Herrera
Public Relations/Marketing Intern Fall 2017Carolina Herrera
Fashion Product PhotographyTarina Tarantino
Fashion Design InternDreams on Air
Fashion InternshipDee Fashion & Style
PR/Marketing & Virtual Office InternBookmark This
Posted: October 05 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionSeeking an enthusiastic virtual intern for a Ethical Luxury online boutique that sells artisan made jewelry & accessories from Africa. It is a company that works with marginalized artisans and gives a portion of the proceeds of it sales back to charity. At under a year old we have garnered a nice sized mailing list as well as press coverage. Now we are seeking an intern who is interested in pursuing a career in PR/marketing in fashion e-commerce or retail and has a good knowledge of the high-end luxury market. Someone with PR connections preferred but open to all those eager to establish a career in this field.
Responsibilities- Create online flyers, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Occasionally assist with trade shows and special events
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales strategies
- Pitching to magazine editors, stylists, influencers and the like to get placements for pieces
- Assist with market applications and managing calendar of events
- Some photo editing and copy writing for website
- Additional assistance as need
Requirements- Possess a working computer and have access to wifi and a phone during work hours
- Available to work virtually at least 4 hours a day, Monday through Friday.
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Public Relations or Marketing. Also open to recent grads.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to create graphics & some Photoshop capabilities
- Serious about pursing a career in this field
- Someone who is excited to bring some fresh ideas for reaching new customers and growing our mailing list & following
- Excellent Social Media skills across the following platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest