Social Media & Community Management InternTomomi Egawa New York
Fashion Editor asst | NY only !FV MAGAZINE
Fashion InternAll-in Fashion
BUSY CELEBRITY FASHION STYLE HOUSE LOOKING TO TRAIN STYLISTSIvan bitton ,Inc
MODELS NEEDED FOR LADIES CLOTHING MANUFACTURER .Issac Tamari Inc
Showroom Assistant InternshipMary Katrantzou
NYC Fashion Design InternshipAnne Bowen/The Meurigan Company
Fashion InternshipDee Fashion & Style
Research & Design InternshipBookmark This
Piece & Co
650 West Lake Street
Posted: July 06 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPiece & Co. is a for-profit social enterprise that connects established fashion brands with female artisans in the developing world. We provide sustainable livelihoods to underserved populations and unique, socially impactful products to our brand partners. Since launching in 2011 we have sourced products for brands like J. Crew, Tory Burch, Eileen Fisher, and Crate & Barrel, while providing job opportunities to 5,000 women in the developing world.
Piece & Co. accepts interns into its rotational program year-round. Our interns work across multiple departments including: operations, artisan development, product design, finance, marketing, account management, and sales. The program is geared toward students interested in getting experience in a startup environment, learning hands-on, and creating a tangible social impact. Piece & Co. has an extremely fast-paced environment, a passionate team, and a culture of excellence, engagement, mutual respect, social impact, and fun. Internships will be 10-20 hours per week and hours are flexible. Each intern will be exposed to all parts of the business and have the opportunity to work with team members in each function. Interns are encouraged to choose long-term projects in a single area they are interested in to play an important role in the development of the overall business.
Responsibilities• Assist the design team in preparing materials for customers and sales efforts; keeping inventory records up to date and organized
• Assist in creating fabric tech packs for purchase orders and development requests
• Assist in designing and updating fabric CADs
• Design textile prints and patterns
• Create various digital presentations based off of our brand standards
• Sku and organize digital and physical fabric collections
• Research new artisan markets to determine business opportunities, risks, and potential new partners.
• Engage in our impact assessment, collecting information from our field team and aiding our marketing team in telling stories of change.
Requirements• Pursuing a degree & eligible for academic credit in conjunction with the internship
• Access to a personal computer with Adobe Creative Suite
• High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Photography skills
• Interest in the Piece & Co. mission
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to interact comfortably with people
• Social media savvy
• Ability to set and meet deadlines, prioritize, and manage several projects at once