Sales / Merchandising AssistantBookmark This
The Elder Statesman
3617 Hayden Ave.
Culver City, CA
Posted: January 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAn award winning luxury knitwear made in America brand looking for a talented and engaged individual to help assist in Global Sales and Retail Merchandising. Our brand consists of a close working and a vertically integrated manufacturing system, unique to anything else in the LA market. This opportunity offers great exposure to an organic working structure, being able to work with a friendly and diverse team. This candidate will work with the sales team to drive the business and learn the ins and outs of maintaining a growing, luxury lifestyle brand. Most offers of employment begin as a paid three month training program with the intention to hire as a full time employee, given the right mutual fit. This position has a tremendous opportunity for growth within the company as well. We welcome you to submit your application to become a part of our team.
• Facilitate and manage wholesale and retail orders, learn how to do shipping re-caps, monitor inventory levels, check necessary account information.
• Develop working relationships with clients and buyers.
• Showroom maintenance, merchandising sample collection, assist with showroom appointments.
• Organization of orders, confirmations, and contact lists.
• Analyze selling reports to determine best sellers by door to better understand accounts needs, capitalize on growth profitability and execute re-orders.
• Research potential accounts and territories.
• Work with clients to cater to special requests in regards to design and fabrication.
• Working with production team to make sure that shipping is timely, accurate, complete, and efficient.
• 1-2 Years experience (or substantial internship experience)
• Interest in The Elder Statesman is a must
• Computer experience, especially with Microsoft Excel
• Highly motivated, organized and driven
• Positive attitude and demeanor, both with colleagues and clients
• Excellent written and verbal skills