Fashion Production InternshipBibhu Mohapatra
Intern needed from July 1st Privee Showroom Accessories New YorkSt Honore Privee Showroom
Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogging OpportunityA Girl in LA
Fashion Industry - Style University MagazineDirty Diana Magazine, LLC
Wardrobe StylistF. Sly Photography
Graphic Designer Internship (downtown Los Angeles)MNM Couture
Fashion Intern needed for top editorPaul Sinclaire Studio
Sewing InternBookmark This
Marilyn Johnson Sewing Design Studio
154 Lafayette Ave, Unit K
Posted: August 09 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInterns participate in all projects coming in the studio including, but not limited to: client consultations/fittings, custom design & creation, fabric sourcing, commercial pattern adaptation, alterations for ready to wear (RTW), custom, and costumes.
Please note that this internship is UNPAID and MUST be for a school credit.
You will be interviewed by the owner and the Workroom Supervisor. If it is determined that you are a good candidate for the internship position, you will establish a start date with Marilyn. On your first day of the internship, you will be asked to do a sewing assessment test in order for us to further evaluate your sewing skills and needs. Then we will base your internship experience around your skills assessment and the questionnaire you filled out at the beginning of the application.
ResponsibilitiesInterns at the studio can expect to work on a variety of projects within the studio, as well as client work.
Though not all of what interns are handed is the "fun" work, interns should have the expectation of working in a real-live shop with many, many kinds of clients coming through the door.
There are plenty of opportunities to work on a lot of different things because we are all in the same workroom. So even though an intern may not have their hands directly on the $6000 wedding gown, they will still be in the thick of it.
All intern work is stitching or running-a-shop-related. This is no coffee-fetching internship!
Requirements- Students seeking a school credit or those exploring career options are welcome!
- College student applicants MUST be studying Fashion Design or Theatre
- Applicant MUST be available to intern at least two consecutive days in order to be considered.
- Applicant must be a MD resident or live a reasonable driving distance away so that it will not affect their attendance.
- Chosen candidates must provide consent to a background check before beginning an internship at the Studio.
- Applicant must be, at minimum, an intermediate stitcher with the preferred skills of full garment construction, zipper installation, fabrics, and serging.
- Applicant must be able to follow directions accordingly and work at a steady pace.
SkillsRequired - Sewing, Garment Construction
Preferred - Fabric Development, Pattern Development, Pattern Making, Pattern Grading