Fashion Design InternIdeal Glass
Fashion Marketing/ Project DevelopmentOFY
Graphic Design InternStella and Jamie
Fashion Design InternStella and Jamie
INTERNSHIP: Journalist / Content WriterTrend Prive Magazine
Women Fabric Development-Fabric and TextileITOCHU Prominent USA LCC
Visual Merchandising Intern - LeSportsacITOCHU Prominent USA LCC
Production and Studio Internshipfabric2finish
Showroom AssistantBookmark This
64 W 48th St. #505
New York, NY
Posted: April 13 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSafari Murano is a wholesale fashion jewelry company. Located in Midtown Manhattan, we specialize in handmade glass jewelry. We are a small house, therefore the intern will have the opportunity to be a part of the entire production process, from start to finish. This is an excellent role for a ambitious self-starter to learn the ins and outs of the domestic production world in New York City. The internship offers a steep learning curve, and will be a great experience for those looking to immerse themselves in the fashion jewelry industry and get hands on experience (not lost in the crowd). You can visit our website www.safarimurano.com.
Responsibilities• Ability to take ownership of assigned work.
• Multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all individuals across the company.
• Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
• Ability to work in a collaborative, outgoing, team environment.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
• Perform regular tasks and maintenance of assigned areas as directed
• Meet and greet customers as they enter the showroom
• Provide phone support; ensure calls are answered in a timely, professional and friendly manner and direct calls to the appropriate person.
• Assist with tracking orders including ready to ship and collecting payment.
• Complete other work-related duties as dictated by the business and management
• Trade Show preparation and support.
• Administrative responsibilities which include but are not limited to: order input, shipping, filing, sample organization.
• Coordination with social media channels.
• Showroom visual merchandising
• Assist sales team with organization of showroom and buyer appointments.
• New Brand/Store Research
This is a perfect opportunity for candidates looking to gain practical work experience
Requirements-Will work approximately 10-15 hrs per week.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with special attention to details.
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Initiative-driven with the ability to complete projects independently (just as much emphasis is put on a person's ability to work on a team as well).
- Knowledge of social media and their functions (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, etc)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), search engines/databases, etc.
- (Not Required - but a definite plus) Graphic art skills & knowledge of Adobe, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
-Weebly knowledge a plus