Showroom AssistantBookmark This
1617 Cosmo Street
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: February 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you a fashion savvy, open minded and hard working college student?
Are you eager to gain first experiences in the exciting world of the fashion industry?
You are the right candidate for us!
Gen Art is looking for an intern who supports our creative agency as a Showroom Assistant.
We are a 20 year old incubator assisting new and emerging talent in film, fashion and art to accelerate their careers. We do so by assisting our clients with their press, marketing and sales efforts.
Therefore you will have the chance to get a full circle insight in how the fashion industry works - from branding and marketing to sales.
PLEASE NOTE: We only accept candidates living in the greater LOS ANGELES area and who are eligible for COLLEGE CREDITS
ResponsibilitiesYou will be working closely with the head of marketing, sales and press to manage the day to day business flow and support us with following tasks:
- Assisting head of marketing with research for new branding ideas for our clients
- Assisting head of sales with buyer meetings, research for new stockists and contacts
- Assisting head of press with editor meetings and research of new press and marketing opportunities for our clients
- Assisting with weekly client meetings
- Running errands to ensure we have all needed collateral for the meetings
- Daily showroom upkeep and ensuring the office space looks presentable for visitors and meetings
RequirementsTo be considered for this position you must ...
... have an interest in fashion and culture
....have an interest in marketing, branding and fashion sales
... be a current college student, eligible for college credits
... be hard working and organized
... be flexible to handle new tasks everyday
... be professional and reliable
... be a team player and open minded
....be available to work 2-3 full days (10am-6pm)
We are looking forward to receiving your applications - please include a resumes and cover letters!
SkillsRequired - Word, Excel, Research and Analysis, Marketing and Sales, Press, Fashion
Preferred - Adobe Illustrator