MIami Swim Week- Fashion Interns NeededShowroom212
Fashion Editor asst | NY only !FV MAGAZINE
Beauty Editors assistantFV MAGAZINE
Fashion Show VolunteerFAVIANA
Fashion InternshipDee Fashion & Style
Visual Styling + Storytelling InternKlickpicks
Buying Intern Fall 2017Carolina Herrera
Visual Merchandising Intern Fall 2017Carolina Herrera
Showroom InternBookmark This
530 7th Ave Suite 2206
New York, NY
Posted: November 04 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPlace Showroom, a women’s contemporary multi-line showroom, is seeking a highly organized individual able to work in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate is someone passionate about pursuing a career in the fashion industry. As an intern in the New York Showroom, you’ll have the benefit of working alongside a team of Showroom Coordinators and Account Executives to work on monitoring and tracking sample inventory, market preparation, daily administrative tasks and tradeshow attendance. Candidate should be hardworking, motivated and eager to take the initiative.
ResponsibilitiesTasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor and track inventory of samples.
- Work alongside team for completion of order confirmations and all order maintenance
- Market Preparation, book and confirm appointments for upcoming market weeks
- Maintaining the appearance of the showroom before, during, and after appointments.
- To become acquainted with each brand and familiarize oneself with their look book and line sheet format
- Unpack, steam, and merchandise each collection according delivery to ensure proper presentation.
- Participate in showroom appointments and assist Sales Reps with order & note-taking according to delivery and designer.
- Learn our database program called Showroom Exchange as well as NuOrder and Joor which is used to create line sheets, place orders and create notes for buyers.
- Daily administrative tasks such as organization, filing and ordering supplies when necessary.
- Track and monitor sales through excel spreadsheets.
- Send samples to buyers and LA sales reps when necessary.
- Participate in fashion trade shows and booth set up/breakdown.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office.
- Position requires strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive thinking, ability to identify opportunities and jump in when needed.
- Experience in the Fashion industry a plus.
Please be available for at least three days a week with a minimum commitment of three months. Internship is unpaid and school credit is required. As our team is small this internship is a great opportunity for one to work very closely with all areas of the fashion industry.