Beauty Editors assistantFV MAGAZINE
Fashion Editor asst | NY only !FV MAGAZINE
Public Relations InternFord Models
Intern Wanted at Alterations ShopOnly One Tailoring
Fashion Creative Content InternKlickpicks
Visual Merchandising/ Styling FEMALES ONLYAkris
Fashion Intern need for top editorPaul Sinclaire Studio
Jewelry designer is looking for jewelry production internAyaka Nishi New York
Showroom InternshipBookmark This
860 S Los Angeles St, Suite 1130
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: September 07 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPlace Showroom’s Internship program is a highly coveted program, providing a unique opportunity for qualified candidates gain industry experience and insight while earning college credit. The candidates selected for this program will learn participate in various projects working in the Company’s showroom, partnering with key members of the organization to obtain a well-rounded understanding of the business. In addition to the operational responsibilities of this position, this candidate must embody characteristics of the company's core values—including professionalism, integrity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our ideal candidate is someone passionate about pursuing a career in the fashion industry. As an intern in our Los Angeles showroom, you’ll have the benefit of working alongside a team of Showroom Coordinators and Account Executives to work on monitoring and tracking sample inventory, market preparation, daily administrative tasks and tradeshow attendance. Candidate should be hardworking, motivated and eager to take the initiative.
ResponsibilitiesTasks will include (but are not limited to):
• Monitor and track inventory of samples.
• Work alongside team for completion of order confirmations and all order maintenance
• Market Preparation, book and confirm appointments for upcoming market weeks
• Maintaining the appearance of the showroom before, during, and after appointments.
• To become acquainted with each brand and familiarize oneself with their look book and line sheet format
• Unpack, steam, and merchandise each collection according delivery to ensure proper presentation.
• Participate in showroom appointments and assist Sales Reps with order & note-taking according to delivery and designer.
• Learn our database program called Showroom Exchange as well as NuOrder and Joor which is used to create line sheets, place orders and create notes for buyers.
• Daily administrative tasks such as organization, filing and ordering supplies when necessary.
• Track and monitor sales through excel spreadsheets.
• Send samples to buyers and LA sales reps when necessary.
• Participate in fashion trade shows and booth set up/breakdown.
• Part or Full Time Student at an accredited academic establishment
• Able to participate in an unpaid internship for college credit
• A student in a field relevant to the operations of a multi-line showroom (Fashion Merchandising, Business,
Marketing, Communication, etc.)
• Ability to work part time (20-25 hours/week)
• Strong written and verbal communication Skills
• Ability to work well both independently and in a team setting
• Strong organization skills
• Proactive, goal-oriented
• Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
- Proactive thinking, ability to identify opportunities and jump in when needed.
- Experience in the Fashion industry a plus.