Social Media / Blogger RelationsBookmark This
17 State Street
New York, NY
Posted: April 20 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you a blogger with a lifestyle or entertainment focused blog with a growing audience and wants to be PAID just to develop your blog? Have you ever wanted to work in Social Media while doing so? Ideal Media is looking for a motivated Social Audience Development Intern / Office Assistant to help further the growth of our new social platform called Olanola amongst the blogging community.
We are searching for a blogger with proven ability in developing a social community to help develop our growing social platform by raising awareness and increasing its audience, while also assisting with core tasks around the office. Candidates should be creative and capable of implementing social media and outreach strategies to rapidly grow our social following and engagement through both organic and paid methods. Creating content for his / her blog that has shifted to Olanola.
This will be a paid internship position with long term potential. Candidates will be required to work from the office, located in Battery Park for as least 25 hours a week with a flexible schedule.
Responsibilities• Overview daily prospecting of and outreach to bloggers to syndicate their content to Olanola in exchange for greater traffic and social promotion.
• Manage social media for the Olanola platform and increase awareness of the platform through other social networks.
• Consistently increase traffic and engagement from other social networks to the Olanola platform.
• Brainstorm, develop and market contests, promotions and other campaigns to excite bloggers about creating content on Olanola and promoting the platform.
• Join blogger networks and other platforms to find ways to attract new bloggers to Olanola.
• Assist with Blogger Relations as one of the faces of the platform.
• Assist the Operations Manager with day-to-day office management and other administrative duties.
Requirements• At least one year of previous internship or work experience is preferred.
• Must have started / developed a personal blog or online publication (magazine, e-paper, channel) with regular publishing ( near daily ) for at least the past six months.
• Strong understanding of how to engage audiences on Facebook and Twitter as well as other social network and some familiarity with strategies for growing audiences.
• Familiarity with working within a fast-paced highly collaborative office environment is key.
• Relationships with other bloggers in any vertical, including lifestyle, entertainment, news or sports is a huge PLUS.
SkillsRequired - Blogger Relations, Social Media, Social Media Blogging, Blog Development
Preferred - Fashion Blogging