Modern Luxury Fashion InternshipModern Luxury
Fashion Showroom InternX by Gottex
Campus MerchandiserChloe + Isabel
Jewelry Merchandiser - College Students Only!Chloe + Isabel
Email Marketing Intern for a Handmade Jewelry CompanyLaMens
PhotographyJade Marlin Collection
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Jade Marlin Collection
Personal Assistant / PR AssistantThe Septimius Group LLC
SOCIAL MEDIABookmark This
Posted: March 09 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFor more than 50 years, Gabay’s Outlet has been an East Village retail landmark, selling luxury and designer fashions at 50-80% off retail prices.
We are currently expanding our web presence and seeking an intern who lives and breathes fashion. He/she will manage all social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
As the Social Media Intern, you’ll need to be knowledgeable across the big four social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter). The right candidate must be on top of new social media trends and will help come up with a comprehensive social media strategy.
Strong writing skills are mandatory. Photography, Photoshop, and graphic design skills are a big plus. This is a part-time position working remote/independently. We can be flexible on time commitment depending on your schedule. 10-15 hours per week. This is a NON paying intern position. Could lead to a paid position.
Responsibilities• Assist in community management— maintain key relationships with the online community; remain active on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
• Help brainstorm ideas for social media content calendars and assist in content creation across all platforms.
• Schedule and post content daily across all platforms.
• Build content calendars for social initiatives.
• Measure and report results for all social marketing efforts.
• Create content/product descriptions for the website.
• Create social media content (images, video and/or copy) that drives engagement and buzz.
• Understand the basics of customer service and manage a conversation.
Requirements• Current or recent student in Marketing, Fashion Marketing, PR or related industry
• Must be based in the US and speak fluent English; New York City area residents are preferred
• Excellent writing skills, experience in writing content for social media platforms, PR outreach, and/or blogging.
• Ability to manage multiple projects unsupervised and communicate effectively.
• Self-starter - we'll give you some direction but want you to own as much as possible.
• Fashion sense is required as you will be writing product descriptions across all platforms (website, social media, email blasts).
• Must have a computer.