Textile and Product Development InternMerchandising & Production Development Director
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Ngozika Okeke Clothing
Fashion InternSergio Rossi
JEWELRY DESIGN INTERNSHIPYICI
FALL/WINTER 2017 Social Media InternWooden Ships by Paola Buendia
Production AssistnatFabric To Finish Inc.
Summer 2017 Fashion Showroom InternshipShowroom212
Assistant StylistSociety Row
Technical Design InternBookmark This
3718 Northern Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101
New York, NY
Posted: March 07 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionELOQUII is changing the way women dress. We design trend-driven, fast fashion apparel in sizes 12-28 under our own brand and sell it on our website at www.eloquii.com. We are a privately-owned, fast-growing company based in both New York City and Columbus, Ohio. This position is based in New York City.
The Technical Design department is a close and friendly team. You will be working very closely with the head Technical Designer who will provide close guidance on how to write fit comments and how to analyze garment corrections. You will also be participating in fittings, which is great exposure to see how the design, production, and technical design team work together to create a style from conception to physical production.
Responsibilities- Maintain and update status charts of incoming samples
- Prepare for fittings by measuring or steaming samples
- Assist in fittings by taking fit notes for technical designers
- Measure pre-production and top of production samples against given specs to identify discrepancies and/or problems to bring to attention of technical design team
- Work with technical designer to write fit comments to send to our overseas vendors
- Develop tech packs with detailed instructions of construction, workmanship, and specific points of measure
Requirements- Bachelor of Science in Technical Design
- 1-2 years of technical design industry experience
- Knowledge of measuring fit samples
- Basic knowledge of pattern making, draping, grading, sewing construction, and factory production process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational capabilities
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and divisions
- Flexible/adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office with ability to learn quickly
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Excel
Preferred - Draping, Pattern Making, Pattern Grading, Construction Detailing