Film Coalition Research InternBookmark This
Black and Latino Filmmakers Coalition
21-36 44th Road
Long Island City, NY
DescriptionBlack and Latino Filmmakers' Coalition is a trade association that facilitates connections to resources, information and equipment for filmmakers of color. Our goal is to encourage the creation and success of high quality films. We aid in obtaining grants; establishing best practices guidelines; as well as lobbying local, state and federal government. BLFC cultivates filmmakers and promotes the independent film industry. BLFC needs research interns to work directly with directors and producers on current projects collecting data, keeping records, preparing reports and analyzing information.
Responsibilities1. Data Collection. Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects.
2. Record Keeping. Keeps record of information obtained during research. May include a database of information, hard files, etc.
3. Literature Research. Conducts research of the literature.
4. Technical Research. Independently conducts technical research.
5. Data Analysis. Conducts analyses of data. Interprets, draws conclusions, and discusses with principal investigator.
6. Report Preparation. Prepares various reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content that may be submitted for publication.
7. Test Construction. Constructs tests or assists in the construction of tests.
8. Collaboration. Collaborates with other researchers.
9. Material Presentation. Presents research material to fellow researchers, etc.
10. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
-strong written and oral communication skills
- workable knowledge of Microsoft Office
-good attention to detail
- a professional attitude