Documentary creation and online broadcastHudson Valley Center for Innovation (HVCFI)
Feature ProgrammingTribea Film Institute
Content:Tribea Film Institute
Documentary ProgrammingTribea Film Institute
Paid (Earn $1,000 to $5,000/month) Video Production & Marketing InternshipGrand Master Marketing LLC
Film FellowshipBookmark This
DescriptionThe Film Fellow will contribute to the MPOWERD, Inc. team by producing and providing creative insight on engaging video content for the website, social media and presentations. This position will allow the fellow to have a significant amount of autonomy and flexibility, including working remotely. Content will help MPOWERD promote its mission of ending energy poverty in the developing world through the development and manufacture of innovative lighting technology solutions.
Videos will ideally tell a story about what it’s like to not have access to light or demonstrate the varied uses of Luci, MPOWERD’s first product, a micro solar-powered lantern. Examples of relevant settings include camping, outdoors, dorms, emergency response, barbecues, festivals, emergency search and rescue, power outages, and roadside assistance. Videos may also focus on children discussing life in the dark, a narrative of “A Day in the Life of Luci” in NY, or a clip depicting a funny or unusual uses of the lantern.
The fellow will receive credit on the MPOWERD website and other online channels.
ResponsibilitiesHe/she will report to the Director for Communications & Social Impact and assist the full team in responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Create and present recommendations for original video content that relate to MPOWERD’s work on energy poverty and lighting innovations for the developing world.
• Film, edit and post short video clips and longer features.
• When necessary, recruit additional film-makers to assist in video production.
• Seek out and utilize new platforms for leveraging media content to engage with different audiences.
• Manage MPOWERD’s YouTube page.
• Provide other creative direction when necessary.
RequirementsCandidate should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques; ideally published
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities; Highly self-motivated, energetic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
• Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization
• Understand Diverse Cultures: Fluency in multiple languages is preferred; have good knowledge of international affairs and developing countries
• Issue Expertise: Knowledge of issues around clean technology and international development is strongly preferred.