Intern, New Frontier Story Lab Los Angeles, CABookmark This
5900 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionDATES WORKED: September 3, 2014 – May 24, 2015
POSITION SUMMARY: The New Frontier Story Lab intern will learn how to evaluate and provide feedback on project materials, as well as gain exposure to several Sundance Institute Artist Development Programs.
CONSIDERATIONS: Must be able to commit to 20 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with preparations for the annual New Frontier Story Lab (October 2014).
• Assist in maintaining the New Frontier database by updating records and inputting new information such as alumni and advisor information, resource lists and sponsors information.
• Research and track trends in new media, gaming, film, etc. to be shared among the New Frontier Story Lab group.
• Read and provide feedback on project materials submitted for Lab consideration.
• Assist in maintaining alumni tracking records.
• Assist in the logistical tasks associated with planning labs, residencies and related events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States
• Degree or working towards a degree in film or new media preferred.
• Knowledge of computer skills - Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Candidates must be proactive and detail oriented.
• Must have a strong interest in film-making, gaming, and online entertainment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified applicants may apply by completing an online application at,
Sundance Institute is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the discovery and development of independent artists and audiences. Through its programs, the Institute seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work.
Sundance Institute is dedicated to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.