Media Production and Distribution VolunteerBookmark This
80 Hanson Place, Suite 305
DescriptionBRIEF DESCRIPTION OF OVERALL PROGRAM ACTIVITIES:
• Oversee the production of three original short films from the REAL DEAL contest.
• Cultivate A-list entertainment community expertise through the creation of the Directors Circle, Writers Circle, and Producers Circle.
• Identify and recruit directors, writers, and producers to volunteer for Scenarios USA films; staff these VIP-volunteers throughout their Scenarios service.
• Oversee the coordination of the Selection process of the winning stories from the REAL DEAL contest.
• Manage the distribution of the films to commercial venues.
• Support the Scenarios USA office in preparation for three original short films in New York, Chicago and Cleveland. (No travel necessary)
• REAL DEAL Final Selection Committee: Take notes and observe during our national one-day event where 25 participants choose our winning writers.
• Online Commercial Distribution Support: Research short film distribution opportunities. Networking on YouTube and other Digital/Internet Channels.
• Film Festivals – Maintain & grow film festival research/data. Apply to suitable festivals.
• Digital Media Support: Add substantive content to, and produce reporting on, our social networks including Facebook, Twitter and other digital communication that supports our work in general and specific digital campaigns we have running.
• Potential Digital Media Project – Creating short video pieces from existing footage to promote the organization and its work. – Depending on time availability and skill level.
• General Admin Support: Petty Cash, Check Requests, filling DVD orders, make copies etc.
• An interest in non-profit work, youth leadership or using film/media to create social change.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills; attention to detail; professional phone manners.
• Computer proficiency in a Windows environment.
• Takes initiative; has a sense of humor; can be an adaptable team member.
• Ability to network and to improvise. Scenarios USA works with people in the film industry, in education and in youth organizing: You need to be versatile and able to quickly transition between projects that focus on different constituents. You must remain professional.
Volunteers are expected to be in the offices for at least 12 hours a week. The office is typically open from 10am-6pm.
Volunteer will receive up to $8 dollars a day for 3 days a week and $5.50 a day for 3 days a week for travel.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.