Project AssistantBookmark This
154 Grand Street
New York, NY
DescriptionWe are working on a upcoming event; the 2013 South Asian International Film Festival. This is going an industry-first and therefore we are looking for an exceptionally smart, quick, and enthusiastic Project Assistant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with team leaders and taking ownership of their tasks which include contacting, researching, and finalizing new vendors. Plus, working with many filmmakers and requesting and collecting necessary materials for each one of their films.
This internship could lead to full-time employment.
Responsibilities- Assist with the project plan and launch dates for important projects.
- Coordinate with cross-functional development teams comprising designers, developers, and marketing/PR.
- Manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of large-scale development projects.
- Prioritize multiple projects while keeping each on track for on-time delivery.
- Work with each product team to develop project plans, schedules, and estimates.
- Provide project leadership, work direction, and feedback.
- Identify risks and resolve issues that impact project completion.
- Ensure proper execution of projects as measured by Executive and Operations leads.
Requirements- This is a internship position located in New York, NY in Soho/Little Italy.This is not a contractor or telecommute position.
- Must have knack for in project management.
- Must possess strong planning, coordination, people management, and communication skills with a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Maniacal attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with non-technical staff to gather requirements and with technical staff to implement those requirements.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must possess a strong desire to work hard and have fun.