Video & Editing Internship - NJBookmark This
eCo Event Source / The Sejour Group
100 Daibes Court
Intern, Video Editing / Multimedia – New York/New Jersey, Summer 2013
The Sejour Group (TSG) is management home to GRAMMY winner and UN Ambassador Miri Ben-Ari, and clients from various industries including Oscar winner Adrien Brody (King Kong, The Pianist), worldwide entertainment and music properties.
The Sejour Group is a management, music label and consulting company helmed by Founder and CEO, Mr. Josue Sejour. The company is devoted to expanding and broadening horizons, presenting the best quality of entertainment and to inspiring the human experience through arts and culture. With representatives in Israel, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Australia, Brazil and Russia, The Sejour Group is held in the highest esteem by many of the world's most influential leaders.
For more information on The Sejour Group visit www.sejourgroup.com
Sejour Group, a management and consulting company a leader in its industry is searching for a full time Video Editor intern for a program including Grammy award winning clients.The video editing team works closely with the CEO’s Management Office to support all aspects of project administration for the client and special project teams. The intern will assist Project Managers’/Directors’ efforts.
Reporting to your direct Manager, you will be responsible for assembling raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcasting by performing the following duties:
• Assemble all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer
• Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronizing and storing them into files on the company server folder
• Digitally cut the files to determine the sequence of the film and determining what is usable
• Create a rough cut of the film and determine the exact cutting for the next and final stages
• Re-order and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film
• Oversee the quality and progress of the audio and vision engineering and editing
• Consult with the director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process
• Familiarize with the style of specific directors
• Experiment with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
• Select the most effective shot of a scene in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity
• Other duties as assigned
• At least 2 years experience in related field
• Formal training in film editing, video production and/or post production techniques.
• Proficient in Final Cut Pro
• Good knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects and Basic Flash
• Understanding of Flash Layers, Basic ActionScript and 2.0 Publishing
• Knowledge of compressing, codecs, aspect ratios and bitrates
• Excellent aptitude to work as a team
• Creative, self starter but able to follow and learn from instructions
• Please include a demo reel of your work
• Must be able to edit in studio with client: at least 1 day per week minimum 2 hours
• Must have working laptop with editing software installed
• Mobility and ability to attend high level events with team and clients to capture and stream content a plus but not mandatory