Video Editor for Interviews and Creative Video SeriesBookmark This
Summer Rayne Oakes, LLC
DescriptionSummer Rayne Oakes, LLC is a strategic firm that helps build more environmentally-preferable and socially-conscious products, programs and brands from the ground up. www.summerrayneoakes.com & www.summerrayne.net.
If you want hands-on editing that will help give you a stronger editing reel, then this is the internship for you. This involves editing of both creative videos as well as a weekly "conversation-style" video series with some of the world's most interesting scientists, authors, lead thinkers, entrepreneurs and other luminaries, giving viewers a first look into the best and brightest minds.
Compensation: For school credit
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Days/Week: Flexible but preferably 2-4 days/week (both in and out of office setting) Work at home is possible but we will need you to be available on location once in a while, as requested.
Start Date – End Date: ASAP - AND/OR - May 2013 – August 2013 (3 months)
Approximate hours/week: Approximately 20 hours/week
ResponsibilitiesFiles will be sent to you via Dropbox or equivalent. You will be given tracks of footage from several different cameras and asked to produce the following:
- A long version of a conversation which simply cuts between the various tracks to the camera, which is focused on whomever is speaking at that time. (Additionally, cut out any excruciatingly boring sections). The conversation might last anywhere around 30 minutes to 2 hours. No specific length is required unless otherwise specified.
- 3-10 "snippets" of conversation of the most interesting moments.
- If editing skills are good, the possibility of creating "themed" topics that trend across interviews.
RequirementsRequired: Short, personal note or cover letter; examples of work; resume. Please note you need to complete all three requirements before being considered for the position.
To apply, you must be familiar with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. Interns should exude energy, creativity and commitment and have a keen interest in people, sustainability, culture & politics and new media. Intern must be organized and disciplined to finish his/her responsibilities throughout the day, particularly when on deadline. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS DELIVERING OR FINISHING DEADLINES, DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro/Final Cut skills
- Great organization skills
- Ability to keep on deadline
- Ability to work with another editor and also alone at home on own
- Interest and passion in people, sustainability and current culture
- Video shooting skills a plus!