Hands-on Digital Video Internships with World Dance FusionWorld Dance Fusion
VIDEO PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP for ALZERINA JEWELRY (UNPAID) School Credit AvailableAlzerina.com
Videographer / Video EditorBOWLS Films
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)PSG CLARITY
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)TRBurnsFilms
Video Production and Social Media InternBookmark This
103 Montgomery Street, in the Presidio
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionABOUT THE PRESIDIO + THE PRESIDIO TRUST
Guardian of the Golden Gate for more than 200 years, the Presidio of San Francisco is a place of service and possibility. Now a distinctive part of the national park system, this magnificent American landmark invites visitors to be inspired by its beauty and to participate in a variety of programs that draw on its history and natural resources. The Presidio is also home to a vibrant community of people who work and live in the park.
The 1,500-acre Presidio is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, one of the world’s largest national parks in an urban setting, spanning over 80,000 acres north and south of San Francisco’s Golden Gate.
The Presidio Trust is an innovative federal agency created to save this former military post and transform it for a new national purpose. The Trust's vision is that the Presidio will be forever a public place: vital to the Bay Area, important to all Americans, and recognized for achieving broad benefits for the nation. To learn more, visit www.presidio.gov.
Work duties include the preparation of social media content, including text, photos, and video for the Trust’s social media channels. This position has a particular emphasis on the creation, execution, and delivery of video and photography in support of the department’s communications and outreach mission. The duration of the position is 10-12 months.
Responsibilities• Photograph events, activities, and special projects
• Prepare short videos from concept development through scripting, filming, editing, audio, and final execution for use on the Trust’s website and social media channels
• Research, write, and prepare written content for the Trust’s social media program, website, electronic newsletters (internal and external), and collateral materials
• Assist with the tagging, resizing and cataloguing of digital assets, including photos, videos, and documents; Support select public events and activities, including some evening and weekend events
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS
Work is principally sedentary office work supplemented with occasional field activities and attendance at public events. Work is typically in an adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated office setting. Occasional outdoor activities are required. The position is ten months beginning September 2014.
The hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday, though you may have the opportunity to work weekend or evening events. The volunteer intern is expected to work 40 hours per week. The volunteer intern will drive or be a passenger in a motor vehicle.
The position is considered volunteer and is part of the Presidio Trust’s Volunteer Program.
Successful applicants sign the Presidio Trust Volunteer Agreement. Interns are provided single occupancy dorm-style housing in the Presidio and abide by a set of residential rules. You must live in the housing provided to receive the stipend and we cannot accept non-residential interns. If you are interested in non-residential opportunities, please visit our volunteer page at www.presidio.gov/volunteer.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday schedule with occasional holidays and evenings
Stipend: $300 every two weeks, plus housing
Requirements• Strong eye for design and visual storytelling
• Proven ability to operate video cameras (Canon DSLR)
• Experience producing videos from start to finish: concept development, script writing, setting up lighting, shooting, audio recording, revisions, video editing, formatting and quality production
• Experience with video editing software (Adobe Premiere/Pinnacle/Final Cut Pro)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Teamwork skills, including ability to work collaboratively, efficiently, and at times independently
• Detail orientated
• Experience with digital asset management systems (such as Widen) and content management systems (such as Microsoft SharePoint) a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel; knowledge of PowerPoint and design programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) a plus
• Experience with web and social media tools
• Must be a US Citizen and at least 21 years old
• Must possess and maintain a valid State driver’s license