Videographer for Weekly Video SeriesBookmark This
Summer Rayne Oakes, LLC
DescriptionSummer Rayne Oakes, LLC is a strategic firm that helps build more environmentally-preferable and socially-conscious products, programs and brands from the ground up. www.summerrayneoakes.com & www.summerrayne.net
Perfect internship for a videographer looking to do hands-on work and build his/her reel. This particular internship will involve assistance of directing and shooting of weekly video series. Some will involve more creative videos whereas the others focus on "conversation-style" videos with some of the world's most interesting scientists, authors, lead thinkers, entrepreneurs and other luminaries. Real people who give a damn. Gives team and viewers a first look into the best and brightest minds.
Compensation: For school credit
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Days/Week: 1 day - 2 days/week (in studio or on location)
Start Date – End Date: Ongoing (3 month increments)
Approximate hours/week: Approximately 10-15 hours/week
Responsibilities- Shooting on multiple cameras
- Turn on lavalier mics, ensure everyone is mic’d appropriately
- Test audio coming in from the lavaliers
- Place a variety of different cameras and turn them on
- Frame a standard 1/3rd mid-close-up shot on both speakers and a wide shot on both
- Continue to monitor audio and video feeds and adjust as needed for the duration of the conversation (anywhere from 1-4 hours)
- Offload the footage after the shoot is over
- Backup the footage to a secondary hard drive
RequirementsRequired: Short, personal note or cover letter; resume; and examples to your work. Please note you need to complete all requirements before being considered for the position.
Any interested intern should definitely apply but those with the following qualifications will be most appealing to our team. Interns should exude energy, creativity and commitment and have a keen interest in people, sustainability, culture & politics and new media. Intern must be organized and disciplined to finish his/her responsibilities throughout the day, particularly when on deadline. IF YOU CANNOT MEET DEADLINES OR FAIL TO SHOW UP, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY. Incoming intern should expect to be working “on set" and have good "setiquette" (know how to operate and hustle while on set). Intern will have opportunities to interact and meet interesting thought leaders, guests and clients. Interpersonal AND video skills are required. Intern should exude independence not dependence.
- Proficiency in shooting on multiple cameras
- Proficiency in sound equipment
- Ability to work closely with guests
- Interest and passion in people, sustainability and current culture
- Editing skill a plus.