Videography InternBookmark This
MTA Capital Construction
New York, NY
DescriptionAs part of the largest transportation provider in North America, MTA Capital Construction(MTACC) was created to manage the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s largest transit expansion in several generations and to serve the changing transportation needs of its customers for the 21st century.
We are currently seeking bright and adventurous film students for the position of Videography Intern to assist in all phases of production for documentary style shoots of MTACC’s mega projects. Video shoots involve filming MTACC construction sites, including major MTACC milestones, events, unique construction processes, discoveries and interviews with prominent officials, citizens, politicians, construction staff, etc.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT OR BE IN A COLLEGE WORK-STUDY PROGRAM, AND BE AVAILABLE A MINIMUM OF 15 HOURS PER WEEK, DURING THE INTERNSHIP ASSIGNMENT.
**Applications now excepted for Summer 2013 internships.
Responsibilities- Assist in pre-production planning by making calls, emailing, or coordinating with staff to schedule shoots
- Prepping and packing up camera equipment for shoots. We will be working with a Sony FS-700 and NEX7 (a DSLR)
- Assisting with camera set-up, carrying equipment through difficult conditions, and basic lighting
- Shooting with the B camera (NEX7) as a camera operator or as a stills photographer
- Frequently responsible for sound recording, by working as a boom op and/or mic-ing subjects with a wireless lavaliere
- Offloading content from memory cards and basic editing
- Cleaning/maintaining camera equipment
- Other miscellaneous tasks, like archival research or asset organization
Requirements- Internship participants must be current undergraduate or graduate students in an accredited college or university.
- Must be eligible to receive college credit or be in a college work-study program.
- Must be available a minimum of 15 hours per week during internship assignment.
- Experience with video cameras and DSLR’s (Digital Single-Lens Reflex) that have interchangeable lenses
- Ability to set up microphones, monitor sound, and boom op
- Ability to carry heavy gear long distances over difficult terrain underground and in very hot, humid, or other challenging conditions
- Reliable with strong communication skills
- Ability to handle basic editing
- Familiarity with Adobe Production Premium package (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop) is required
- Must be comfortable working in large underground tunnels and on active construction sites
- Must be extremely careful, conscientious, and respectful of safety procedures
- Undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a major or minor in videography are preferred