Marketing Video Production InternshipMidwest Trade Tool
Film & Communications Summer InternshipThe Fresh Air Fund
Film/ TV Creative Development FellowshipDreaming Snail Productions
Casting Assistant Internship at a Hollywood Casting StudioHollywood Casting and Film
Production Office InternConfidential
Video Producer Intern - $10.50/hrFiber Optics For Sale Co.
Development InternSmartypants Pictures
Educational Production & Development InternshipMarty Katz Productions
Film and Digital Media Archiving InternshipBookmark This
275 Capp Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: May 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOddball Films is a unique stock footage company specializing in providing offbeat and eclectic footage for feature films, documentaries, broadcast television and other projects. We acquire, archive and supply footage for major creative projects across the globe.
We are searching for exceptionally motivated individuals to train in researching, film and digital image archiving, film and video logging, off-line time code editing, database entry and other technical and related media skills. This is not a production position. This position is unpaid. College credit is required. International students must have J-1 visa.
Responsibilities• Digitizing, archiving and making accessible archival materials
• Cleaning, repairing and archiving 16mm and 35mm film elements.
• How to maintain digital databases
• Principles of time code
• Logging and metadata procedures
• How to work with digital files
• Off-line editing
• Researching our analog and digital archive¬
Requirements• Tech and computer savvy
• Basic knowledge of film and video systems
• Basic understanding of migrating analog (tape) and digital files
• Background in archiving, history, library science or moving image studies
• Self directed and the ability to work independently
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Reliable and dependable
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Mac OS X, Goal Oriented, Self Motivated, Dependable
Preferred - Final Cut Pro, FileMaker