Film Editor/ Green Screen EditingBarrie Patch Productions
Assistant Video EditorKey Moment Films
Production InternshipViewpoint Creative
Post-Production InternshipViewpoint Creative
Documentary Film Research and Post Production Intern for HQ CreativeHQ Creative
Interns for Feature Film “THE PICKUP ARTIST”ROAR PICTURE COMPANY
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Carolyn Jenkins Agency LLC
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)urban legend presents
Independent Record Label Seeks Video Editor InternBookmark This
529 East 12th St
New York, NY
Posted: October 18 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIndependent record label, Day One (www.thisisdayone.com) is offering a Video Editing internship. This position will offer a range of creative experiences. You will primarily be working on Day One’s music videos for the principal artist, Shah and our teams in New York, Los Angeles, and Toronto. If you’re passionate about editing, experienced and knowledgeable about rap/hip hop and/or comedy and are interested in working with an emerging record label, please send us your cover letter and portfolio (or links to your work).
Shah's first two music videos in his cinematic music video series can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtlRp-c6AYs&index=1&list=PLn7DCPFbMFrR9J6cqzSs09GmL2uFZtCiY
Day One’s goal for all internships is for all interns to have a memorable and valuable experience with us. We specifically aim for each internship to lead to either a long-term position with Day One, or employment elsewhere in the field you are passionate about. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us email@example.com.
Responsibilities- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the videos and episodes
- Input music, dialogues, sound effects, and graphics
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with and work alongside Director, Editor, Producer, and rest of production team as necessary
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
Requirements- Organized, reliable, and punctual
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with rap/hip hop and/or comedy
- Proven working experience in video editing with a strong portfolio
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro 7 or X and/or Adobe Premiere
- Familiar with syncing multi-camera footage without slates
- Thorough knowledge of timing, continuity, etc.
- Creative mind
- Work well with strict time deadlines and short turnaround times
- Minimum High School Degree (University Degree/College Diploma preferred)