Film-Video Production Internship(Spring/Summer 17')-Miami, FL(College Credit Mandatory)CPL Audio
Casting Assistant for Hollywood Casting StudioHollywood Casting and Film
Advanced Video Production InternshipPreApps.com
Video Editing and Processing InternshipRealPlay
Video Editing & Production InternJaunt Empire
Personal AssistantPhantasy Management, LLC
Video Producer & EditorNew York Hall of Science
Audio Production, Voice Over Assignment or InternshipBookmark This
App to Succeed, Inc.
Posted: June 20 2016
Company Location: Stamford, CT
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is a great opportunity to build your resume while helping a worthy cause, by recording the narration for an educational software program on personal finance for 16-19-year-olds. If you have access to quality recording equipment or a quality microphone and can recruit preferably two females and two males who sound like they are in their early 20s to read a script with enthusiasm and expression, then this is a great fit for you.
App to Succeed Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to provide comprehensive personal finance information for at-risk Americans to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful.
Regretfully, as a nonprofit, we are not, yet, able to pay our interns, but we do offer other forms of compensation:
1. Exceptional interns who make a significant contribution will receive personal letter of reference written by the CEO.
2. Complete your commitment to the internship and your name will be acknowledged on the organizations' website and in the credits of the software program when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with your school's approval.
3. Complete your assignments and meet expectations, you will be awarded a Certificate recognizing your contribution
5. Learn about relevant personal finance topics related to your graphic design assignments.
-Hours are flexible
-Start dates and end dates are flexible.
-Work can be done remotely and meetings can be held by Skype, or by phone; saving the time and cost of commuting.
- Many of our interns have a paid job not related to their career and intern with us as their career related experience.
ResponsibilitiesAssignment will include:
1. Audition male and female voices for selection and submit audition recordings of each for approval before making the final casting decisions. Casting male and female with voices (a 5th as an understudy or alternate is recommended) that satisfy the criteria described above. (Those who read the narration well enough to use, will have their names acknowledged on our website and the software program when it is launched and you may provide them with copy of the recording for their portfolios.)
2. Secure approval for cast.
3. Secure cast signatures on standard legal release, (Standard release provided).
4. Direct, rehearse, record and edit four voice-overs of the narration for two segments of the software program (approximately one hour of recording time for each narrator).
5. Be prepared to submit recording for comments and to record portions again or edit the recording to address the comments.
6. May need to do a couple of rounds of refining.
7. Add music and sound effects (preferred)
8. Match timing to software. (preferred)
9. Lay audio track (preferred)
Have experience or interest in audio, sound or related field.
Have access to quality recording equipment to use for the project. (If you are in the Stamford, CT area, recording equipment will be provided.)
Can recruit two males and two females who sound like they are in their early twenties and who enunciate clearly, sound intelligent (but not nerdy), have authentic energy and enthusiasm in their voices. Theater students or campus D J's may be good choice, but the voices must sound natural; not "fake cool", and not too cool. Your voice can be one of the voices.
Candidates must have the ability to:
Complete their designated assignments when promised.
Effectively communicate their questions, ideas, and status of progress.
Work independently and virtually.
Preference for candidates who:
1. have access to recording studio or other soundproof place to record. (Equipment provided if near Stamford, CT)
2. have experience with audio equipment
3. have experience editing audio tracks
4. have experience with mixing audio tracks (that is narration, music and sound effects)
5. have the ability to develop an audio track and add to software program
6. have experience in theater or as a D.J. for radio station.
7. have taken technical audio courses or has had equivalent audio experience.
8. have time to work on. (The sooner we can get the recording the better so prefer candidates who has time to do this ASAP.)
9. are willing to record the two remaining segments when the narration is ready.