Accounting ManagerBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
5858 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionWork Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Board Treasurer (Committee Chair of Finance)
Collaborates with: All department and manager level volunteers
Under the general direction of the Board Treasurer, the accountant performs a variety of complex tasks in general areas of accounting.
providing accounting assistance to the Committee Chair of Finance; resolving discrepancies; financial or management reporting; maintaining the chart of accounts; establishing new funds; monthly financial reporting, analysis and reconciliation of the development and financial systems.
How to apply:
Please Click on Link below:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus: 2 references, and 1 of the following:
• Multiple departmental fundraising budget sample
• 6-week cash flow analysis sample
• 3 year program budget
Only candidates who send ALL requested documents will be considered.
Responsibilities• Resolve fund related problems and follow up with departments on new projects/funds to be created.
• Reconciliation of donations received and calculation of interest and timely transfer of funds to
• Reconcile all pending accounts on a monthly basis.
• Manage the chart of accounts.
• Establish new funds, process donation journal entries, investigate discrepancies and prepare detailed
records and reports as required.
• Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of all monthly financial statements.
• Assist in creating, monitoring and updating financial related policies and procedures.
• Initiate and participate in data clean-up projects.
• Provide occasional back up or assistance to other Advancement Services staff which requires a well-
rounded knowledge in the areas of systems, accounting and tax receipting and other donor related
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Exercises judgement and initiative in interpreting policy and guidelines on financial matters.
Has in-depth understanding of non-profit financial policies and procedures and makes appropriate decisions
based on this knowledge.
Education, Experience :
• Post secondary education in accounting or equivalent experience. Working towards CPA designation.
• 3-5 years administrative and accounting experience preferably within a non-profit environment.
• Must have analytical experience, be accurate with figures, well organized and exercise sound
judgment in decision making.
• Software expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
• Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.