Finance Intern, Center Theatre GroupCenter Theatre Group
Rock Star Needed For Ongoing And Exciting Work with Top Performing Hedge Fund in Beverly Hills Ca.Prime Opportunities Investment Group, LLC
College Agent Intern ProgramNew York Life Insurance Company
Finance Intern - Credit / Collections Intern Undergrad - Junior or SophomoreJCI
Sales internship/ admin/ phone work (to start January 2015)ABC GLOBAL SYSTEMS
Accounting ManagerBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
5858 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionWork Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Board Treasurer (Committee Chair of Finance)
Collaborates with: All department and manager level volunteers
Under the general direction of the Board Treasurer, the accountant performs a variety of complex tasks in general areas of accounting.
providing accounting assistance to the Committee Chair of Finance; resolving discrepancies; financial or management reporting; maintaining the chart of accounts; establishing new funds; monthly financial reporting, analysis and reconciliation of the development and financial systems.
How to apply:
Please Click on Link below:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus: 2 references, and 1 of the following:
• Multiple departmental fundraising budget sample
• 6-week cash flow analysis sample
• 3 year program budget
Only candidates who send ALL requested documents will be considered.
Responsibilities• Resolve fund related problems and follow up with departments on new projects/funds to be created.
• Reconciliation of donations received and calculation of interest and timely transfer of funds to
• Reconcile all pending accounts on a monthly basis.
• Manage the chart of accounts.
• Establish new funds, process donation journal entries, investigate discrepancies and prepare detailed
records and reports as required.
• Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of all monthly financial statements.
• Assist in creating, monitoring and updating financial related policies and procedures.
• Initiate and participate in data clean-up projects.
• Provide occasional back up or assistance to other Advancement Services staff which requires a well-
rounded knowledge in the areas of systems, accounting and tax receipting and other donor related
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Exercises judgement and initiative in interpreting policy and guidelines on financial matters.
Has in-depth understanding of non-profit financial policies and procedures and makes appropriate decisions
based on this knowledge.
Education, Experience :
• Post secondary education in accounting or equivalent experience. Working towards CPA designation.
• 3-5 years administrative and accounting experience preferably within a non-profit environment.
• Must have analytical experience, be accurate with figures, well organized and exercise sound
judgment in decision making.
• Software expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
• Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.