College Financial RepresentativeBookmark This
707 17th St. Ste. 3700
College Financial Representatives with Northwestern Mutual have the same opportunities to build their careers as Full-Time Financial Representatives. Supported by our network of specialists, training programs, and mentoring opportunities, interns have access to the resources, products, and assistance they need to understand the goals and visions of their clients, uncover financial solutions, and assemble their practice. Our offices are located in Downtown Denver, Boulder, Denver Tech Center, Fort Collins, and Wyoming.
We provide students a life changing experience that is designed to enhance knowledge of comprehensive financial planning and the ability to positively impact the lives of others while exploring the career path of becoming a financial advisor with Northwestern Mutual.
• Chance to develop networking and business relationship skills
• Flexible work schedule
• Eligible for college course credit
• Obtain professional licenses in life insurance, accident and health insurance, and investments
• Performance-based compensation as well as a weekly stipend
• Real world business experience through our award winning training and development
• Possible career opportunity upon graduation
• Successful College Financial Representatives have the ability to take on a leadership role as a Team Captain. In this role, one would assist with their College Unit Director with the training and development of new interns and would also participate in the recruiting and selection process. A Team Captain is recognized as a member of the Northwestern Mutual Leadership Team.
Internship and NM Accolades, Ratings, and Assessments:
• “Five Best Internships for Real Work” (CNNMoney.com and Fortune.com)
• “Top 10 Internship” every year since 1997 (Vault Guide to Internships)
• Among the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies (FORTUNE Magazine, March 2012)
• "50 Best Companies to Sell For", No. 1 in the services companies category (Selling Power magazine, October/November/December 2012)
• High Financial Strength Ratings from the four major ratings agencies. A.M. Best: A++, Fitch Ratings: AAA, Standard & Poor's: AA+, Moody's Investors Service: Aaa.
• 1 in 3 College Financial Representatives will convert to a Full-Time Representative upon graduation
• 50% of all Field Management started as a College Rep
• 7 of the Top 20 Full-Time Financial Representatives in the nation were interns
• Full-time student at a four year institution
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and coachable
To apply for our Downtown Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, or Denver Tech Offices: If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly productive, value-driven environment, please contact Nicole Nugen, Director of Campus Selection at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-209-5240. For more information, visit our website at www.downtowndenver.nm.com.