Diesel USA Finance – Accounts Receivable Internship Fall 2014Bookmark This
220 W 19th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionCompany: Diesel USA
Address: 220 W 19th St. New York, NY
Position: Part-Time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Company Description: Diesel, USA Incorporated is an international cutting edge fashion company, known for its denim and quirky advertising. Based out of Breganze, Italy, Diesel is a lifestyle brand with attitude. Diesel's unconventional management style emphasizes enthusiasm, energy and fun.
Job Description: As an intern you will assist the Finance Department as needed. Below is list of job responsibilities of a Finance Intern. Additional administrative duties within department and various special projects may also be assigned.
• Use SAP accounting software to apply lockbox deposits, credit card payments, and wire payments toward customer’s accounts according to their remittance of intended invoices
• Categorize and label any discrepancies that arise from these payments into a designated chargeback buckets
• Run various reports using SAP to be used for account and chargeback bucket analysis
• Using these reports, investigate the discrepancies by utilizing both internal and external channels and determine their legitimacy
• Use Stealth 300 bookkeeping software to create credit notes for the approved chargebacks
• Assemble proper documentation to be presented to customers to fight and receive compensation for incorrectly claimed chargebacks
• Retail bank reconciliations, variance analysis.
• General ledger account analysis.
• Assist with yearend audit.
• Receive, research and fight retail chargebacks.
• Research the legitimacy of wholesale chargebacks both internally and externally.
• Sort and archive receipts from retail stores.
• Learn how to invoice customers and collect payments for AR.
• Train on Stealth and Retail Pro.
• Learn how to reconcile the customer accounts once the payments are received.
• Work on licensee invoicing.
• Gain knowledge of supply chain for licensees.
• Assist on inventory related projects.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Strong communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Lotus Notes experience a plus
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please confirm if you can receive college credit and work at least 16 hours a week.