Diesel USA Summer 2014 Finance Accounts Receivable InternshipBookmark This
220 W 19th St
New York, NY
DescriptionCompany Description: Diesel, USA Incorporated is an international cutting edge fashion company, known for its denim and quirky advertising. Based out of Breganze, Italy, Diesel is a lifestyle brand with attitude. Diesel's unconventional management style emphasizes enthusiasm, energy and fun.
Job Description: As an intern you will assist the Finance Department as needed. Below is list of job responsibilities of a Finance Intern. Additional administrative duties within department and various special projects may also be assigned.
Responsibilities• Use SAP accounting software to apply lockbox deposits, credit card payments, and wire payments toward customer’s accounts according to their remittance of intended invoices
• Categorize and label any discrepancies that arise from these payments into a designated chargeback buckets
• Run various reports using SAP to be used for account and chargeback bucket analysis
• Using these reports, investigate the discrepancies by utilizing both internal and external channels and determine their legitimacy
• Use Stealth bookkeeping software to create credit notes for the approved chargebacks
• Assemble proper documentation to be presented to customers to fight and receive compensation for incorrectly claimed chargebacks
• Wholesale bank reconciliations, variance analysis.
• General ledger account analysis.
• Assist with yearend audit.
• Receive, research and fight retail chargebacks.
• Research the legitimacy of wholesale chargebacks both internally and externally.
• Sort and archive receipts from retail stores.
• Learn how to invoice customers and collect payments for AR.
• Train on Stealth and SAP.
• Learn how to reconcile the customer accounts once the payments are received.
• Work on licensee invoicing.
• Gain knowledge of supply chain for licensees.
• Assist on inventory related projects.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Strong communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Lotus Notes experience a plus