Finance ManagerBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
5858 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionWork Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Board Treasurer (Committee Chair of Finance)
Collaborates with: All department and manager level volunteers
This position is responsible for assisting with planning and securing the ongoing stability by building and managing the financial, operating, and administrative systems infrastructure. The incumbent sets goals, monitors work and evaluates results to ensure objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
Provides interpretations and makes recommendations concerning major organizational financial and administrative matters indicating alternatives and solutions to the Committee Chair of Finance
Works directly with the Committee Chair of Finance and senior staff to set overall organizational policies and priorities. Considers and analyses the implications of proposed actions and decisions by individual areas on the whole of the organization (financial, operating and administrative aspects).
Works directly with central finance and administrative staff.
How to apply:
Please Click on Link below:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus: 2 references, and 1 of the following:
• Multiple departmental fundraising budget sample
• 6-week cash flow analysis sample
• 3 year program budget sample
Only candidates who send ALL requested documents will be considered.
Responsibilities• Responsible for financial management monitoring including all revenues, expenses, endowment funds
• Advises Committee Chair of Finance, senior management on financial matters assessing and
explaining long and short-term implications for the organization of alternatives and decisions.
• Develops and maintains polices and controls for financial functions.
• Manages the development and monitoring of overall organizational and departmental operating
• Responsible for managing all accounting processes including allocations and designation to ensure
accuracy and timeliness.
• Oversees the preparation of standard and ad hoc financial reports required for responsible fiscal
management. This includes budget analyses, cash flows and forecasts.
• Manages all aspects of financial relationships with external groups.
• Continuously realigns all aspects of the organization's operations and support services to facilitate
and reinforce the effectiveness of strategic plans. This includes realigning key business processes, the organizational structure, management practices, communications, and the development and deployment of staff.
• Assesses and analyses the financial, administrative and operational implications of proposed actions
and decision by individual areas and departments on the whole of the organization.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Manages the donor services area to significantly enhance the ability of the organization to manage
and operate effectively by ensuring that gift processing systems and policies are accountable, cost
effective and efficient.
Education, Experience :
• University graduation in business or a related field, professional accountant or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience.
• Individual must possess a minimum of 5 years combined leadership and financial management
experience including five years in a senior management capacity with a complex not-for-profit
organization involving a significant number of people and organizations with diverse and varied
interests and backgrounds.
• Proven success with strategic planning, process re-engineering and project management.
• Individual must possess a high degree of technical expertise in accounting and financial management.
• Able to lead and motivate groups and individuals. Able to think creatively and strategically to
successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.