Marketing and Sales Development Internship : SDBookmark This
North Star Resource Group
4445 Eastgate Mall Road, Ste 200
San Diego, CA
DescriptionThe Marketing & Sales Development Internship is for a college student to 1) Create a relationship with North Star Resource Group, the Mentors, the Senior Advisors, as well as advisors in training, and 2) Learn about marketing in the Financial Services industry, and what it takes to become a Financial Advisor, all while they are in school.
Through working with their specific mentor, as well as other advisors and teams, interns will be exposed to many aspects of financial advising which may include:
• Market Research and Initiatives
• Marketing & Sales
• Contacting Referral leads
• Setting up Seminars & Dinner Presentations
• Generating Attendee’s to various Marketing Events
• Updating Client database Systems
• Assembling Marketing Materials
• Scheduling Client Reviews
• Early Financial Advisor Training & Development
Through successful performance and demonstration of leadership, our Marketing & Sales Development Interns can be given an offer to join North Star Resource Group full-time at graduation, in our Financial Advising career paid training program. At that point, interns have the opportunity to be sponsored by North Star Resource Group to obtain their required licenses& registrations to practice Financial Advising: Life & Health, Series 7, and Series 66.
ResponsibilitiesDo you possess these characteristics?
• The ability to listen, be coachable, and part of a team
• The ability to build strong personal relationships and a network
• The ability to draw energy and excitement from meeting new people and working in an ever-changing dynamic work environment
• The ability to lead others
Responsibilities of a fully licensed and registered Financial Advisor:
Working closely with families, individuals and businesses as you provide customized recommendations to help them meet their financial goals
Building a strong, long-term relationship with clients
Establishing a network of referrals
Visiting business and educational establishments to speak with new clients and establish relationships
Educating others within the company
Four to eight month mandatory Internship (Can result in a full time advisor position upon successful completion)
North Star Consultants, Inc. - Insurance Products and Services | CRI Securities, LLC - Securities and Investments | Securian Financial Services, Inc. - Variable Products and Securities | North Star Resource Group offers securities and investment advisory through CRI Securities, LLC and Securian Financial Services, Inc., Members FINRA/SIPC. | CRI Securities, LLC is affiliated North Star Resource Group and Securian Financial Services, Inc. North Star Resource Group is not affiliated with Securian Financial Services, Inc. but is independently owned and operated.
RequirementsWhat’s important to you?
• A career helping people and making a positive impact on others
• A company that offers extensive training and continuous learning opportunities
• A profession with unlimited & long term income stability + full benefits
• An environment that fosters success & personal growth
• A lifestyle with a great work/life balance
We are also hiring for our San Diego, CA; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Durham, NC; Austin, TX; Iowa, City, IA; Dallas, TX; Philadelphia, PA; Atlanta, GA; Portland, OR; Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Baltimore, MD; Houston, TX and St. Louis, MO locations
Ranked as one of the Top Companies for College Graduates to Work For (Experience.com*), as well as Top 500 Employers in the US (CollegeGrad.com*), North Star Resource Group is an independent financial services firm with roots tracing back over 100 years. We specialize in developing motivated individuals who are natural Leaders, enjoy Marketing and Sales, and possess an Entrepreneurial Spirit, into Financial Advisors. We have been in business since 1908, and the majority of our Advisors started without previous financial advising experience. Currently ranked as The #3 Largest Independent Financial Firm in the country, we have a high-performance no-excuse culture. Our Financial Advisor paid training program is nationally-recognized and combines one-on-one mentorship, classroom education and hands-on training. In 2012, we had a calendar year retention rate of 36.8%, nearly three times the industry average of 13%.