Financial Planning & Operations Internship (Beaverton, OR)Bookmark This
Capitol Family Office
1500 NW Bethany Blvd Suite 170
DescriptionDo you want to learn about the financial planning business? Do you want to gain valuable experience working alongside the CFO and COO of an award-winning investment firm while earning college credit for your time?
Capitol Family Office is seeking two interns for winter/spring 2014. Candidates must demonstrate a particular interest in the financial planning business, thrive in a fast-paced professional environment, be willing to work on-site at our Beaverton office, and devote 16 hours a week for a period of 3-6 months. Interns who show promise may be asked to stay on for a second, paid internship with room for possible employment.
Capitol Family Office (CFO) is a multi-family office that provides investment management, comprehensive financial planning, and other financial solutions to a select clientele. Located near the Nike campus in Beaverton, OR, CFO is supported by LPL Financial, the largest independent broker dealer in the United States (as reported by Financial Planning Magazine, June 1996-2012, based on total revenue).
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be required to undergo a background check, fingerprinting, and completion of nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements prior to hire.
Responsibilities• Assist COO in daily operations tasks
• Assist CFO in financial planning projects
• Research special projects
• Learn to use Redtail, Wealthvision, Morningstar, and other industry software
• Maintain client database software
• Address client service requests
• Prepare for client meetings
• Participate in team meetings
Requirements• Pursuing or Earned BS/BA degree – all majors welcomed
• Impeccable integrity and ethics
• Professional attire and attitude
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills with a focus on attention to detail
• Knowledge of Excel (moderate to high skill level)
• Superior research and problem-solving skills