Financial Planning and Analysis InternshipBookmark This
1447 2nd Street
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionScience acquires, advises and transforms like-minded companies that share in our defining ambition - to offer accessible solutions to real life problems. Science is a unique platform where talent, resources and financing are brought together in a bid to nurture and develop ideas, arm emerging businesses with the strategy, expertise and capital they need to grow, and to transform existing internet ventures, injecting them with new talent and innovation. We fund, develop and advise companies focused on solving the everyday problems of modern living. Our portfolio companies currently span a variety of industries, with a focus on eCommerce and Advertising Technologies. You can check out our current portfolio on our website.
This internship position will assist the SVP, Finance & Operations and CFO in preparing analysis and reporting that will be used to support the financial and strategic planning process for the portfolio companies and management reporting. This intern will work with financial and operational metrics to create various models and scenarios, including capitalization tables and financial forecasts.
Responsibilities- Assist in preparation of financial analysis and models using Excel
- Assist in preparing financial slides for Board and management presentations
- Assist in researching industry data for M&A comps
Requirements- Advanced Excel skills using MAC
- Advanced charting and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of equity- and debt-based financing methods, including warrants and convertible notes
- Some accounting background a plus, particularly cash flows
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Prefer MBA candidate with work experience in FP&A