FINANCIAL SERVICES, SALES & MARKETING INTERNSHIPSThe M&A Advisor
Finance With A Conscience: Work For One Of Boston’s Up-And-Coming Fiduciary Services FirmsBFA Wealth Management
Investment AnalystSpeedway Motorsports Inc.
Fall Private Equity Internship for Undergraduate Students - New YorkNorth Brookside Capital
UNPAID - Real estate company looking for virtual interns - MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDITFE Real Estate
Financial AnalystInvestment Firm
Financial Representative InternBookmark This
6235 Morrison Blvd
Posted: August 04 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCan you envision a life of real world compensation, freedom and calling your own shots? Many college students cannot. The Northwestern Mutual Internship is a valuable opportunity for students to combine classroom learning with a real-life look into what they could truly make of themselves.
The Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Internship provides selected college students the opportunity to offer guidance, build relationships and provide solutions to help clients meet their financial goals and objectives. Our college interns offer exclusive access to insurance products from a top-rated company, and an array of quality investment choices. Supported by training programs and mentoring opportunities, they have access to the resources, products and assistance they need to help clients make great financial choices. This process reflects our belief that most people will experience many different financial needs and circumstances over a lifetime. Our interns learn how these needs fit into Risk Management, Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Preservation and Distribution.
Northwestern Mutual's internship is ranked "One of America's Top Ten Internships"1 for a good reason – it gives you real-world experience from day one.
As a financial representative intern, you are trained and mentored by industry veterans who know what it takes to succeed. You learn how to run a practice from one of the most respected companies around. And you test drive a career where you can achieve your goals and have an impact on people’s lives.
Fun, freedom and hard work go hand in hand as you practice the discipline of managing a business schedule, helping clients and doing what you need to succeed. Interns tell us it’s rewarding and challenging – and sometimes more than they expected.
The hands-on intern experience includes partnering with financial representatives who show you how it’s done through mentoring and joint-work programs. You’ll see the independent and entrepreneurial spirit that our financial representatives share, and follow the same process they do for establishing your career. Like your colleagues in the network office, you have ready access to the resources of Northwestern Mutual, including:
• A coach who meets with you regularly to help evaluate and fine-tune your efforts for the greatest results.
• Trusted financial specialists and advisors with technical know-how to help you create customized solutions for your clients.
• World-class Insurance Services.
You will have the opportunity to work for yourself and be rewarded for it in many ways. You'll learn how to be successful in a financial representative career, and have the chance to:
• Combine college classroom learning with a real life experience
• Work in a real-world business environment
• Earn performance-based compensation in addition to the Internship stipend program
• Build self-confidence
• Improve communication skills
• Learn to more effectively manage your time
ResponsibilitiesBut it’s your training in the Fastrack Development System that will give you the confidence and skills you need to be successful.
Day One: Fastrack Basics
Fastrack Basics will help you start to build a foundation of knowledge in finance, insurance and sales cycle concepts, Northwestern Mutual's traditions and products, and how to manage your activity. Checkpoints help ensure you are on track, and your local office mentors and coaches will be there to answer your questions as you progress.
Fastrack Sales School
Fastrack Sales School will teach you Northwestern Mutual's sales process, with an emphasis on obtaining favorable introductions and comprehensive fact finding. You’ll take necessary licensing exams and learn through experience to:
• Prospect, handle objections and effectively build relationships.
• Ask probing and challenging questions to uncover a prospective client's needs.
• Identify and understand a prospect's needs to help create solutions.
• Convey your conviction for our business and our needs-based analysis process.
Whatever you do after graduation, you are sure to reap long-lasting benefits from a Northwestern Mutual internship. The real-world experience sets the stage for a career by helping you better understand yourself and what it takes to be successful.
With improved self-confidence and interpersonal skills you can:
• Build better, stronger relationships
• Enjoy the rewards of helping others
• Have a positive impact on families and businesses
Your enhanced networking ability will help you connect with others in various business situations and your experience helps you become an independent self-starter in any endeavor.
A prestigious experience with one of the America's Top 10 internships will show evidence of your abilities, demonstrate your commitment to personal growth and confirm you are a strong candidate for any future educational or professional opportunity.i
• Northwestern Mutual: America’s Top Ten Internships for Sixteen Consecutive Years, 1997 – 2012. Vault Guide to Internships: Top 10 Internships 1997-2012, Top 10 Financial Internships 2010.1
• Northwestern Mutual ranked first in its industry and 17th overall among service companies in Selling Power Magazine’s “50 Best Companies to Sell For November 2012.”
• Northwestern Mutual is among the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies according to executives, directors and analysts in FORTUNE® magazine’s 2013 annual survey. (FORTUNE® magazine, Feb. 28, 2013)
• Northwestern Mutual was recognized as having one of the best training programs in the country, according to Training Magazine’s “Training Top 125.”(February 19, 2013)
• Nearly half of Northwestern Mutual’s field leaders and many of our executives started as interns!