Purchasing InternBookmark This
Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.
178 Tremont Street
DescriptionABCD is seeking a Purchasing Intern.
Flexible, Approximately 20 hrs/wk
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email email@example.com.
Please note: this is an unpaid credit internship.
Responsibilities• Assist Purchasing staff with various procurement-related projects, including the creation of purchasing activity
• Interact with different groups within ABCD to complete assignments.
• Assist with the department’s administrative tasks, such as filing and record-keeping.
• Ensure that minority/women-owned vendor data is accurate, and reportable.
• Ensure that debarment certificates and lobbying certificates are on file for $25K and $100K vendors.
• Other assignments as required.
Requirements• Proficient with MS Office suite.
• Strong database management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Works well in collaborative settings.
• Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.