Intern - Insurance ResearchConning & Company
Intern - Property & Casualty AdvisoryConning & Company
Intern - Corporate DevelopmentConning & Company
AABB Internship, Externships and Academic Residency Program (Financial Analysis)AABB
Part-time Financial Sales RepresentativeInfinite Solutions Financial Consulting Firm
Scottrade Branch Internship (Finance and Economics) - Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am-5:00pmBookmark This
530 N Hough Street
DescriptionScottrade, Inc. has a Branch Intern position available in Barrington, IL. The main purpose of this position is to assist branches with daily operations while gaining valuable work experience in the brokerage industry.
• Listen to and shadow brokers in the office to see how they conduct business with clients.
• Act as a representative of Scottrade to clients that come directly to the branch for assistance.
• Become familiar with different departments and their functions.
• Provide technical support for clients accessing Scottrade's trading platforms.
• Utilize quote system to communicate information regarding stocks to clients.
• Process stock certificates and deposits, prepare paperwork for overnight delivery to St. Louis, and process branch mail.
• Understand and be able to communicate different types of client accounts.
• Navigate through the internal systems and become familiar with their uses.
• Complete internal training program through Scottrade University.
• Participate in team building activities within the branch.
• Become proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work an average of 15-25 hours per week and no more than 8 hours per day.
• Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and attend classes at a local University with interests in business and the stock market.
• Have completed 50-70 hours of required coursework and have a balance of no fewer than 48 hours remaining towards their Bachelor’s Degree (1-2 years of college remaining).
• Performing within the college’s acceptable GPA level.