Green Lifestyles Network
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionCompany: Green Lifestyles Network (GLN)
Job title: Treasurer
Work Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Board Treasurer (Chair of Finance Committee )
Collaborates with: All department and manager level volunteers and the Executive Board
Time Commitment: Part time Volunteer
The treasurer will maintain maintenance of our financial records. The treasurer must leave clear trails for audits, and schedule a yearly audit for the reputation of the organization. The treasurer also needs to make sure the organization complies with all tax laws and regulations.
Responsibilities* Bank account maintenance – Selecting a bank, signing checks, and investing excess funds wisely
* Financial transaction oversight – Being knowledgeable about who has access to the organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as developing systems for keeping cash flow manageable
* Budgets – Developing the annual budget as well as comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget
* Financial Policies – Overseeing the development and observation of the organization's financial policies
* Reports – Keeping the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing required financial reporting forms (eg to the IRS) in a timely fashion and making these forms available to the board
* Finance Committee (if applicable) – Serving as Chair of the Finance Committee
* All expenses paid for must first have the approval of the Finance Committee and then the Executive Board ( except for small purchases necessary for the daily functioning of the organization that has been pre-approved).
RequirementsExperience or educational skills as an accountant ,finance manager, CFO, or controller are required. CPA preferred. The Treasurer should have general operations accounting experience or training , plus non-profit finance and fund accounting experience (including Form 990 preparation and audits, audit or selection and audit oversight, are major pluses).
Non-profit specific tax knowledge including UBIT is desirable. Anticipated time commitment is 2-5 hours a week and the Treasurer must be available during business hours.