Financial InternMaple Vue Staffing
Algorithmic Trading using MATLAB, R, Python 2.7.8Fair Value Partners Inc
(Fall, Spring, Summer) Real estate company seeking college interns -College students onlyReal Estate
Financial Representative Internship with Northwestern MutualNorthwestern Mutual
Analyst Internship at Venture Capital FirmSGVC
Private Wealth Management InternAXA Advisors
Stock Broker Trainee/Regsitered Representative PositionForte Capital Group
Data Analyst - Paid InternshipBookmark This
CDC Small Business Finance
2448 Historic Decatur Rd., # 200
San Diego, CA
Posted: October 05 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCDC Small Business Finance Corporation (CDC) is a certified U.S. Small Business Administration lender and a national leader in SBA lending, receiving various awards for performance excellence over its 38-year history. As an economic development organization, CDC has developed a number of lending and business advising programs focused on underserved communities in San Diego and throughout the State of California. CDC is a mission-focused non-profit organization that offers a well-rounded and educational internship experience, competitive compensation, and a friendly work environment. CDC is looking for a curious, creative and highly numerate self-starter to assume the responsibilities of Data Analyst Intern within the Strategy & Innovation group. Currently CDC is in the process of launching an initiative around Data Integrity and this role will be a central figure in ensuring the quality of data on our internal systems.
Under the direction of the Product Strategy Associate, analyze complex datasets to ensure data completion and consistency. Data Analyst Intern will be a key contributor to improving the amount and quality of information inn internal databases. The right candidate will also be able to provide recommendations on how the company can better capture borrower information throughout the loan cycle.
• Update existing borrower/loan records within internal databases
• Review loan and borrower records for accuracy
• Conduct geographic and demographic research using proprietary software and public data sources
• Develop and present recommendations for improving data integrity on internal systems
• Support members of Strategy team and other departments collaborating on initiative
• Ad hoc research support for Associate as needed
**Applicants must be in the San Diego area**
• Strong logical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint). Data entry is a major component of the role.
• Comfortable with learning new technology platforms.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline, preferably in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Finance
• Interested in business lending and/or non-profit sector a plus.
• Prior research experience is helpful.
Individual must be able to handle working on a mix of team-oriented and self-directed tasks. Sense of humor is a plus. Please be located or have reliable transportation and availability within a reasonable distance of the San Diego head office located at Liberty Station. Position requires between 15-18 hours a week for 2-3 months with the possibility of extension depending on company needs.
SkillsRequired - Accurate Data Entry, Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Applied Mathematics, Statistical Analysis
Preferred - Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics