Assistant Fundraiser - Safety-from-Violence TeamStrider
(Fall, Spring, Summer) Real estate company seeking college interns -College students onlyReal Estate
Finance or Accounting InternCoromandel
Portfolio Manager's AssistantGC Group Capital, LLC
Quantitative Research AnalystCompany Name Confidential
Finance / Accounting InternshipOcatasi
Financial InternMaple Vue Staffing
Finance Director InternBookmark This
1205 Boyle Street
Posted: December 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Finance Director Intern contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively aiding in the management of all financial tasks for the organization.
ResponsibilitiesThe Finance Director Intern will work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Office Manager to complete the following duties:
Financial accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board's Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Prepare annual charitable return in a timely manner as appropriate
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board Treasurer with financial reporting as required at Board meetings
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director and Treasurer and/or Finance Committee
- Assist Program Directors and Project Managers with the preparation of budgets for funding applications
Project management accounting
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization's information requirements and financial resources
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Advise the organization's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization and the Board of Directors
- Maximize income where possible and appropriate
- Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, human rights, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant
RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Working towards university degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration (preferred)
- Experience in finance or related field
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
The Finance Director Intern should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and - Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.