Assistant Fundraiser - Safety-from-Violence TeamStrider
(Fall, Spring, Summer) Real estate company seeking college interns -College students onlyReal Estate
Finance or Accounting InternCoromandel
Portfolio Manager's AssistantGC Group Capital, LLC
Quantitative Research AnalystCompany Name Confidential
Finance / Accounting InternshipOcatasi
Finance Intern - Fall 2015Bookmark This
Physicians for Human Rights
256 West 38th Street
New York, NY
Posted: October 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Finance department at Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) is seeking an intern to work under the supervision of the Senior Accountant and also alongside the Director of Finance & Administration.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn what it takes to run an international nonprofit organization and be taught the primary non-profit accounting software system Sage MIP.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will assist with:
• Account analysis and matching
• Budgetary monitoring
• Payment of invoices and expense reimbursements
• Maintaining financial and administrative files and confidential records
• General finance administration
• Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study specializing in finance, business administration or a related field
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel to at least intermediate level is necessary
• Well organized, detailed oriented, and able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally in a multi-faceted organization
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide variety of projects as needed
• Self-motivated and able to “own” projects from start to finish
• The Finance intern will be based in PHR’s New York office in midtown Manhattan
• This unpaid internship will require a minimum of 15 hours/week
• The position will commence at the start of September with at least a 3-month commitment
How To Apply
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Finance Intern in your subject line.