ADMIN & MARKETING INTERNSHIPNu Republic
Internship - Policy/Investment AnalysisCapstone
Financial AnalystCSX Corporation
Investment Analyst InternWall Street Capital Management LLC
Business Analyst InternshipElegran
Entry Level Executive Headhunter for Financial MarketsWatson Ford Executive Search
Finance InternBookmark This
Plant With Purpose
4747 Morena Blvd., Suite 100
San Diego, CA
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPlant With Purpose, a Christian development organization, reverses deforestation and poverty around the world by transforming the lives of the rural poor. For more than 30 years, Plant With Purpose has been a leader in linking international community development and environmental solutions, working with smallholder farmers in strategic areas where environmental degradation and poverty intersect. Plant With Purpose currently works in Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Tanzania, and Thailand, employing an integrated methodology that combines environmental restoration, economic empowerment, and spiritual renewal. Activities include watershed restoration, reforestation, sustainable agriculture training, savings-and-loan groups, local leadership development, and supporting outreach efforts of the local Christian church.
Are you eager to understand the financial and operational interworking of a nonprofit organization? Do you hope to build your skillset and gain practical experience in order to pursue a meaningful career in finance?
ResponsibilitiesAs the finance intern, you will work collaboratively with our Finance Assistant and Director of Finance and Administration on department initiatives, such as:
- Collaborate with the finance team to determine a project which you will own and work through
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations on financial systems, policies, and procedures (we love hearing your ideas and recommendations for streamlining and making process improvements.)
- Conduct market research on other organizations, financial markets, and donors
- Process donor information in Quickbooks and eTapestry database systems
- Perform weekly administrative finance and accounting work
- Seek new opportunities for the organization and give input on
- Track and update financial data in accounting systems and online financial boards
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and the Internship Questionnaire to Kenzie Leas at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Internship Questionnaire can be found via plantwithpurpose.org/finance-intern/
Applications due December 1. Internship dates can be flexible. If an early decision is needed, please specify in your application.
Requirements- Sincerely interested in the holistic environmental mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Inquisitive and determined to seek out solutions
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Capable of applying statistical analysis utilizing Excel
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred, though not required
- Preferably working toward a degree in finance, economics, accounting, business administration or nonprofit management
- Knowledge/experience in community development and/or international travel is a plus
- Ability to be in our San Diego office 12-15 hours per week
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain hands-on experience working closely with a creative, close-knit team who is inspired to achieve a lasting solution to rural poverty. We can also coordinate with your institution to offer academic credit for your experience.
Interested in learning more? Visit plantwithpurpose.org/internships
SkillsRequired - Finance, Accounting, Excel, Business
Preferred - QuickBooks