Part Time Intern - Portfolio AnalyticsHarbourVest Partners
Financial Consulting InternshipHaiwei Career
FinanceReliance Capital Limited
Accounting Intern, Property Management, SalesAirPhilly
Quantitative Research AnalystOquant
FinanceRELIANCE CAPITAL LIMITED
College Financial RepresentativeNorthwestern Mutual-Greater Peoria
Loan Originatorelite staffing group, LLC
Financial Planning InternshipBookmark This
Sandeep Gupta, Financial Advisor
515 S. Flower St, 33rd Floor
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: May 14 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSandeep Gupta, a Financial Advisor with Northwestern Mutual in downtown Los Angeles, has created an internship program to help develop and train young college students interested in learning more about his practice, Northwestern Mutual and general insurance, investment, and tax planning. Given the challenge of balancing school, a personal life, a minimum of 10 hours per week in the office for 90 days would be sufficient to gain that knowledge. Please note that this is an unpaid training internship. Successful interns will be considered to extend the internship past 90 days.
To find out more about Sandeep Gupta, please visit his LinkedIn site at http://www.linkedin.com/in/sandeepguptamba or his financial planning practice website at http://sandeepgupta.nm.com.
ResponsibilitiesAreas to be developed and trained:
1. Microsoft Outlook through emails and calendar management
2. Client/prospect communication skills
3. Siebel CRM tool for customer management
4. Internet research on prospective clients
5. Insurance including life, disability, and long term care
6. Investments including stocks, mutual funds, bonds, asset allocation, ETFs
7. Corporate culture, behavior, and expectations
Requirements1. Flexible schedule that can accommodate coming into the office at least 2 days per week.
2. One on one mentoring/development meeting each week (can be in person or on phone)
3. Great communications skills
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Proficient computer/email/technology skills