Assistant Fundraiser - Safety-from-Violence TeamStrider
(Fall, Spring, Summer) Real estate company seeking college interns -College students onlyReal Estate
Finance or Accounting InternCoromandel
Portfolio Manager's AssistantGC Group Capital, LLC
Quantitative Research AnalystCompany Name Confidential
Finance / Accounting InternshipOcatasi
Fundraising InternshipBookmark This
Posted: October 12 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNAJMTEK is looking for interns to help the company raise over $25 Million to launch the unique first electronic device especially for dyslexic people to make them read, work, communicate as they are not suffering from dyslexia.
These internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in cause company development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience.
This position will report directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities• Conducts research on potential individuals, corporations, and foundations to apply for funding
• Help in conducting in depth researching into new fundraising markets
• Prepares materials for donor meetings (writing minor proposal and reports)
• Conduct external research on Najmtek’s key program priorities to use in writing proposals
• Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
• Help with maintaining database records
Requirements• Superior organizational skills; stickler for accuracy with great attention to detail and excellent follow-through,
• Mature, analytical, quick thinker, fast learner and rapid problem solver,
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment,
• Excellent oral and written communication skills,
• Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently,
• Moderate experience working with social media platform (i.e. Facebook, Twitter…)
• Must have a positive attitude and proactive work approach,
• Experience with a donor database is a plus, preferably FileMaker Pro,
• Must be available for a 3-month to 6-months commitment to the Internship,
• Must be interested in fundraising.
Each intern will be expected to work 12–18 hours per week (this is flexible), sometime between the hours of 9:30am–5:30pm, Monday through Friday in our Houston office located midtown. Some duties may be done from home, but weekly meeting will be required.
We are seeking motivated and responsible college students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a small company for a great cause. Prior interning experience is not a requirement, but we do require you to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
A potential intern should be comfortable working independently but also working with a team and a supervisor.