FinanceReliance Capital Limited
Accounting Intern, Property Management, SalesAirPhilly
Quantitative Research AnalystOquant
FinanceRELIANCE CAPITAL LIMITED
College Financial RepresentativeNorthwestern Mutual-Greater Peoria
Loan Originatorelite staffing group, LLC
Marketing and Business Blogger Internship | Fall 2017Buzzwork
Alstom Internship/Co-Op 2017Alstom
Grant Research InternBookmark This
Inspiring Greatness Inc
17300 Dallas Parkway
Posted: March 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Paid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe President is a CRA Grant Writer serving 18 local non-profits with receiving funding from banks, foundations, and grant makers. Inspiring Greatness is looking for some strong interns who want to learn the business of grant writing by starting a as a Grant Research Intern. This position is unpaid while in training, but after training the compensation is $600.00 per month plus $250.00 for each grant funded in your portfolio.
FOR AN APPLICATION EMAIL TRAINING@IISPIRE.COM YOUR RESUME AND REQUEST AN INTERN APPLICATION.
Please also give a description of why you feel you would be the perfect candidate for this position.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT EACH PERSON UNDERSTAND HOW TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!! IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND LEAVES A MESSAGE CHECK THE MESSAGE AND DO WHAT IT SAYS DO NOT CALL BACK THE NUMBER ON YOUR CALL LOG IT MAY BE A TEST TO SEE IF YOU CAN FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!
The office is located off the Dallas North Tollway at the Keller Springs exit. The time is 10:00 am to 3:00 pm or at least 5 hours per day the time may be flexible for the right person. Really interested in someone who may want to stay on throughout the summer and willing to grow with the organization. The reason this position is open is because the current Principal is working on assignment out the office and needs someone to assist. This person must be trustworthy and able to work with little or no supervision.
The goal of this position is to assign each Grant Research Intern their own portfolio to work through training and learning with working directly with our President. We are looking to hire students while in school so they can keep building their portfolio while in college. The candidates that learn and grow their portfolios will be offered full-time positions grossing $38-$56k post graduation. There are several characteristics we are looking for:
1. Fast learners who take notes and optimize the questions of others.
2. People that work well with others, can take constructive criticism, and can take no for an answer.
3. Generally happy people. This is a tough business and not for the weak at heart.
4. People that love to help people. This is a people business. You must like people and like meeting new people.
5. People who like to talk. Sometimes we must articulate the vision in 30 seconds or less. Must be a good presenter or willing to learn how to become one hence the purpose of training.
6. Someone who wants to cling to the President not to get her coffee, but to replace her!!!! Our President LOVES Perfectionists, "Know It Alls" and Jacks and Jaquelines of all trades. If you think you can run this company, APPLY TODAY!!!! AND SHE WILL TEACH YOU HOW!!!!
7. Natural born hustlers apply only. We are not looking for people to come draw a pay check and pick up a part-time job for the summer. We are looking for hungry go-getters, ready to change the world we great ideas, high energy, and able to captivate an audience with your words.
Responsibilities- Organize and collect grant making reports
- Monitor project calendar, ensuring project is on schedule and in budget
- Assist with database management
- Assist with typing reports, updating, files, emailing, calling, following up typical office duties
-Call to make contact with contact person of funding institution to understand the grants available
-Build relationships with non-profit organizations by taking Client Intake Form to understand the non-profits funding needs
Each intern will have their own funders and own non-profits. This is an excellent way to learn the grant and finance business. Much of our grant writing is for affordable housing projects in Dallas, Texas. We work with banks, warehouse lines, home/ credit education, and many different education platforms. Learning this business will give each intern the skills to enter the mortgage or real estate industry as well. No experience in this area is required, but if a student is or has grant writing, mortgage, processing, real estate, compliance, tax credit, resident services, or property management experience they will be offered more in base than $600.00 per month and given more responsibilities.
We are looking to build our teams with our interns. We are opening an 1,100 square foot office and want to have 10 interns start on May 1st. In order to be considered to do this you must meet the requirements listed above, email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application with your resume and paragraph of why you should be considered.
We are looking forward to meeting each of you. If you are not considered this semester, please reply. If you really want to be considered (bonus to see who reads to the bottom) prepare a video and post it to our page on Facebook:
Requirements- Understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals along with forecasting and budgeting
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategies without assistance
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, accounting software, and Microsoft Office A MUST!!!
- Excellent administration background (meaning good references)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Out look (NO EXCEPTIONS!!!)
- Must be able to type
- Must have at least two years of college completed
- Must have dependable transportation
-Must be willing to work with others in group settings, clusters, and in the workplace
-Must be willing to attend extra training courses and training as needed to certify you as a Grant Writer if hired full-time
-Must be willing to complete training without compensation since we are pursing a grant to pay for the training during the internship and giving you time off to complete the training needed to become a Grant Researcher during the intern selection process.
-Must understand upfront this is an internship and we are looking to train, but each person must be teachable, willing to learn, and able to follow instructions
-Must be willing to submit to a drug test, background check, sign a non-disclosure, and confidentiality agreement to keep all information private for the funders and non-profits.
-Must be punctual, meet deadlines, be willing to go the extra mile to fight for something you believe in and you must have a voice!
-Must be willing to speak up but also willing to accept when you are wrong sometime we miss it and bounce back is important
-Must report any mental, physical, or any other disability so that proper accommodations can be made upfront. Not telling us will not be our fault if we are not made aware.
-Must know how to use google platforms. All emails and databases are google based.
SkillsRequired - Accounting, Finance, Administration, Non-profit Program Development, Microsoft
Preferred - Sales, Program Development, Finance, Grant Writing, Grant Management, Mortgage Industry