Assistant Fundraiser - Safety-from-Violence TeamStrider
(Fall, Spring, Summer) Real estate company seeking college interns -College students onlyReal Estate
Finance or Accounting InternCoromandel
Portfolio Manager's AssistantGC Group Capital, LLC
Quantitative Research AnalystCompany Name Confidential
Finance / Accounting InternshipOcatasi
Financial InternMaple Vue Staffing
Northwestern Mutual College Financial RepresentativeBookmark This
707 17th St. Ste. 3700
Posted: October 26 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPurpose of the Internship
Gain hands on experience in a position designed to launch students into a career, build business skills, provide personal and professional growth and development, make an impact, and supplement classroom learning.
College Financial Representative Role Description
As a Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative, you will be part of the network office team, working side-by-side with financial representatives, advisors, and professional office staff. You’ll see the independent and entrepreneurial spirit that our financial representatives share, and follow the same process they do for test-driving your career in financial services. Specifically, College Financial Reps perform the same duties as full-time representatives.
• Client acquisition
• Client case studies
• Create and analyze personal needs analysis for clients
• Recommend solutions to help clients achieve financial security
• Provide on-going service to clients
• Attend company training and meetings
• Complete state required licensing
Training & Development
1. Phase 1 – obtain state required Life, Accident, and Health licensing (sponsored and paid for by Northwestern Mutual), learn language, and develop a marketing plan.
2. Phase 2 – 4 days of formal classroom-style training facilitated by the leadership team and former College Reps where you will learn the steps of the Northwestern Mutual financial planning process and understand basic product knowledge.
3. Phase 3 – weekly development meetings with your peers and leadership team to reinforce formal training concepts, improve case consultation skills, integrate with full-time financial representatives, and learn more about Northwestern Mutual.
• Mentorship program
• iLEAD – leadership development program for top interns
• Advanced licensing and designations (Series 6 and 63 / CLU, ChFC, CFP Designations)
Building professional relationships is an important component of Northwestern Mutual’s internship program. Internship events are held throughout the semester and summer to bring together College Financial Representatives, the leadership team, and full-time financial representatives.
• Acceptance events each semester
• Social and philanthropy events
• Summer Family and Friends Night
• Western Regional Meeting
• Annual Meeting
• Network Office Meeting Days
• *Best possible insurance financial strength ratings (2014):
A++ A.M. Best
AAA Fitch Ratings
AA+ Standard & Poor's
Aaa Moody's Investors Service
• Among the “Top 10 Internships Nationwide” 19 consecutive years (Vault Guide to Internships, 2015)
• *“World’s Most Admired” Life Insurance Company - FORTUNE Magazine (2015)
• *Training Top 125 – Training Magazine (January/February 2015)
• "50 Best Companies to Sell For", No. 1 in the industry (Selling Power magazine, September 2014)
• “Top 50 Best Places to Work” (glassdoor.com, 2013)
• “America’s 50 Biggest Inde
• U.S. Citizen or permanent work authorization
• Full-time student (any major, graduate and undergraduate students accepted)
• Junior or Senior standing
• Strong academic performance and active involvement in clubs/organizations
• Strong work ethic
• Previous work or internship experience
• Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
• Self-motivated, driven, goal-oriented
• Sociable, outgoing, enjoys meeting new people