Internship for Financial Advisory Firm -Harlem, NYRCap
Wealth AdvisorMonarch Asset Management
Financial AssistantHilcorp Energy Company
Investment AnalystHilcorp Energy Company
Financial AssistantCHG Healthcare
Investment AnalystCHG Healthcare
College Financial Representative Internship - Summer 2017Northwestern Mutual
Financial Representative InterNorthwestern Mutual
Research AnalystBookmark This
260 Madison Avenue Suite 1001 - 10th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: September 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you have what it takes to be a Linker?
• Are you passionate and energetic with a dynamic spirit? Do you love what you do? Do you make others feel excited? No slackers here, only people that take charge.
• Can you manage through change, ambiguity and a fast-paced environment? Can you keep your eye on the ball? Given our fast growth, constant change is the only constant you can rely on. Pretty exciting if you think about it.
• Are you a creative thinker? Are you resourceful? Can you find a solution that works? Our clients hire us to solve their puzzles. FAST.
• Do you hold yourself accountable? Are you the person who stands-up and owns it? Do you take control of your own success? We don’t micro-manage here, we want people who see it, own it, and master their destiny.
• Is collaboration in your DNA? Can you get people to move forward to get things done? Teamwork matters, and you will be teaming up with clients, specialists and colleagues to make things happen.
• Are you able to figure it out? Do you know how to make it happen? Can you come up with the idea that propels us forward? At Cognolink we don’t believe all ideas come from the top.
If this sounds like you, then read on . .
First job out of college not what you thought it would be? Boring? No real responsibility? Just a cog in a wheel? As the fastest growing company you’ve never heard of, we have no choice but to be exciting and give you responsibility right away. If you are ready to leave dull and join something special, keep reading.
Fueled by hyper-growth, we are actively interviewing for our rapidly expanding NYC office. You will work with our clients, which include Hedge Funds, Private Equity firms and Management Consulting firms, to connect them with industry specialists. Why? Because these specialists provide information and knowledge our clients would not otherwise have – we help them discover intelligence. As a result, they make informed decisions that either save them money or make them money. Pretty cool, right?
The learning starts on Day One and never stops. If you want a job standing at a photocopy machine collating presentations for your boss, this is not the place for you. You will be on the phone talking to industry experts in a matter of days – and on the phone with clients in a matter of weeks. Your friends will be jealous.
As a Research Analyst you will generate revenue by sourcing subject matter experts and presenting them to clients so they can make more informed investment decisions.
You will work with other members of the research team in offices around the world to deliver on our clients’ projects. Every day brings a variety of projects; in the morning you can be working on a project about advertising trends in social media, by lunch a client calls asking about the “Internet of Things.” The next day it could be a project on the debt restructuring of Gymboree. You won’t be living in Excel and PowerPoint, or out of a suitcase; you’ll be on the phone having conversations about business and sector developments which you could be reading about days or months later in the pages of the Wall Street Journal or Financial Times.
Dive into our comprehensive training program and as you progress from a new hire to a seasoned Linker, you will learn:
• About our business, our team and our clients.
• How to use our proprietary tools and public databases to prospect and recruit specialists who are the most pertinent for each project
• How to manage a project and develop relationships with experts and clients
• Account management skills to understand client market share and develop strategies to increase the adoption of our products and services
• Leadership and client relationship skills to use throughout your career
• Hold a 4-year college degree with strong academic record (GPA 3.2 and above). Ideally you have 0-2 years of work experience. What kind of work experience? It almost doesn’t matter. We have former brokers, paralegals, consultants, actor/waiters. What matters is your curiosity, drive and ambition
• Be eligible to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
• Operate from a place of “the worst that happens is they say no”
• Persuasive communication skills: People want to hear what you have to say
• Assess opportunities, present information and communicate ideas using a systematic approach
• Willing to learn and open to feedback