Financial / Research Analyst Intern, Mutual Funds & ETFs, Chinese RequiredBUJU LLC
FINANCE OR ACCOUNTING INTERNF. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
Finance Intern, Technical Analysis Illustrator, Chinese RequiredBUJU LLC
Mortgage and Real Estate Firm Looking for Full-Time/Part-Time InternR8find.com Inc
Financial AnalystLife for Love LLC
Search Fund (Private Equity) Investment Analyst InternBookmark This
Plateau Asset Management
Posted: March 07 2016
Company Location: Boston, MA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPlateau Asset Management, LLC (PAM) based in Boston, MA is a micro private equity fund also known as a "Search Fund". I formed this privately-held, entrepreneurial investment firm with the sole mission of seeking to identify, acquire, operate, and grow one or more well-built family-owned or founder-managed private enterprises. I am committed to the highest standards of integrity, excellence, diversity, teamwork, and continuous quality improvement.
As PAM’s Founder and Principal, I offer an attractive exit opportunity for a business owner, both to achieve financial liquidity and to transition out of daily operations. Following the acquisition and a transition period, I will assume direct responsibility for the operations of the company. From this point, my focus is on driving long-term, sustainable revenue growth, preserving and enhancing the value of the business asset. I work closely with the business owner to create a customized deal that maintains continuity for associates, customers, suppliers and your community - in other words, the stakeholders!
If you are looking for a great internship, and are a self-starter, with the desire to garner real-world experience in researching, sourcing, evaluating and observing the process leading to business acquisition in a startup-like environment, this could be the right internship for you. It is important for you to know that this is a boot-strapping endeavor in its early stages, so the trappings of a large Wall Street firm will be absent. As opposed to being swallowed up in a large company atmosphere where you are just a number, you'll have an opportunity to work one-on-one with a seasoned management operations professional in his second career, who will mentor you in life skills, operational excellence, interviewing skills, and other desirable skills besides those relevant to your field of study during the course of the internship. These are just some of the valuable but intangible benefits you get in return for an unpaid internship
The reference value of this internship will be significant for your success in the fields of finance, business administration and economics.
ResponsibilitiesYour responsibilities will range from the seemingly mundane to the exciting, and will consist of:
- Deal sourcing, consisting primarily of performing research and analysis of companies, that fit PAM's acquisition criteria primary located in the 6 New England states of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut
- Evaluating candidates for acquisition utilizing various industry benchmarks, databases and other basic tools common with the Private Equity and Search Fund companies
- Customer relationship management consisting of creating and managing CRM databases, letter and email writing, making, receiving and logging phone calls
- Contributing ideas and observations to the team that will optimize the company's activities and operations
Requirements- Prior internship or work experience in Private Equity, preferably for an entrepreneurial Search Fund or LBO, M&A or related area, is a must
- College level academic study in a finance-related field beyond the sophomore year
- Strong ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- A self-starter, with a demonstrably strong work ethic, who is able to work remotely with minimal one-on-one supervision, AND a team player
- Ready access to the internet, a personal computer, telephonic and visual communication methods, such as Skype
- Access to library research databases
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Must commit to working for a minimum of 20 hours per week
SkillsRequired - Private Equity, Solid computer skills, Research and Analysis
Preferred - Mergers and Acquisitions