FinanceGenerac Power Systems
Government Grants/Finance InternThe Cara Program
Spring 2017 Oscar de la Renta Finance InternOscar de la Renta, LLC
Conscious Step Finance/Management InternshipConscious Step
Business Development - Marketing (Intern/Trainee)Diamond Business Loans
Investor Relations Intern (Asset Management Firm)Water Island Capital, LLC
Real Estate internBenjamin Apartments LLC
Looking for an MBA student to help an early-stage startup develop a groundbreaking new platform.SeriesX
Wealth Management / Finance Internship (Unpaid but ask about our benefits!)Bookmark This
Monument Wealth Management
1701 Duke Street, Suite 425
Posted: July 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Monument Wealth Management is a financial advisory firm that helps accomplished entrepreneurs, executives, and other high-net-worth individuals transition to, and maintain, a life of long-term financial independence.
Monument Wealth Management was named one of the Washington Business Journal’s 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 "Best Places to Work”, was a 2013 Washingtonian “Small Gem”, and was featured in Research Magazine’s “A Cool Place to Work!”
We are looking for CURRENT FINANCE COLLEGE STUDENTS preferably studying to get their CFP® or CFA who are interested in learning about all aspects of our firm, specifically in the following focus areas:
1. Financial Planning
2. Asset Management
4. Client Service and Operations
The Wealth Management Intern will follow and learn from the head Monument employee in each of the interest areas above, and complete associated projects to help with the success of our firm.
The intern will get to see first-hand how a small, independent and creative financial management organization operates.
This internship is based in Alexandria, VA, which is just outside of Washington, D.C. and located next to the blue and yellow metro lines. It is designed for a college student who is studying coursework in Finance and is looking to build experience and apply knowledge learned in their respective program. Schedule and hours are negotiable.
*Our ideal candidate would work with us part-time and would be available for longer than one semester.
Skill Development Opportunities & Benefits
• Experience working in a privately owned and operated firm with strong entrepreneurial culture
• Work closely with all members of the firm, including partners, and have the opportunity to add value to and have an impact on the operations of our business
• Gain direct working exposure and knowledge of financial planning, asset management and portfolio construction
• Assist with integrating financial planning efforts into our marketing and public relation efforts, per our strategic marketing plan
ResponsibilitiesDaily work will involve interaction with all members of the firm in monitoring and updating client accounts and databases, and observing and participating in all parts of our 5-step Private Wealth Planning process. This includes occasionally sitting in on client meetings, learning the planning and/or investment software, and participating in the team meetings and reviews.
Requirements• Must be a registered college student
• Should be on track to become a CFP® or CFA (preferred)
• Must be fluent in English
• Must possess the ability to think critically, work independently, and to solve problems
• Must be creative, self-motivated, and ready for a fast paced environment
• Must have a professional appearance
• Must be extremely organized and detail oriented, have excellent time management skills, and must be able to define and work to deadlines